Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace 'attempt' at humour....

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
From the Five Year Plan fanzine. Bless em...

Hudson - My Clown Hell

His career was on the up. His prospects were bright. His earnings would increase.

It all looked so great for Mark Hudson when Charlton announced his signing, but dark clouds were forming.

“That was when it all changed,” he says. “It just hit me like a rampaging elephant escaped from the Circus (or Svetoslav Todorov, as we call him).”

Hudson had been recruited for his ability, but it was only after the player put pen-to-paper that he finally found out the qualities the manager admired most.

“They told me that the liked the way I performed,” says Hudson, tears rolling down cheeks, leaving streaks in his face-paint. “I just never expected them to ask me to perform like this.”

Mark can now be seen making cameo appearances in Charlton’s defence, but it is outside the ground that he is at his most popular.

“The kids love me,” says the former Palace defender. “They have to ship in fans from all over South England, so it’s good for the club to have someone dressed as a traditional Charlton fan to greet them as they step off the bus.”

Alan Pardew, Charlton’s manager, claims that it is Hudson’s ball juggling and convincing falling-over which attracted him to the player.

“He was exactly the kind of person we were looking for to supplement the entertainment,” Pardew told journalists. “We were looking for someone the fans would perhaps not take so seriously, a bit like how the world views us.”

“I’m hoping that the cub can find a place in defence for me,” Hudson added. “But if this doesn’t work out, I gather McDonalds are looking for a new mascot.”

Comments

• Options
    That's actually quite funny.

But at least we have fans to ship in 'from all over the south of England'!
  • Options
    Ha Ha

They really aren't bothered by us are they............

looking forward to tuesday
  • Options
    Uh, I've got to take issue with characterising that as "funny".
  • Options
    That is quite funny.
  • Options
    Oops. I've been outvoted! ;-)
  • Options
    erm, can't say its going to win any awards, we all know Dowie was the real clown we got from them.. Hudson is a class act any club should be gutted to lose hold of.
  • Options
    Now don't get me wrong, I can take a joke, even from Palace but that just ain't funny.
  • Options
    Err ... that's not exactly cutting is it!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    In the nicest possible way.........

F*** off you palace w*****s!!!

We stole your manager (even though he was crap) then we stole your captain, so stop crying about it!!!

Bring on Tuesday!!!
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, to be fair, I see myself as a happy go lucky chap that likes a laugh, but that is not very witty, a bit rubbish actually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the joke is Charlton resembles to the word Clowntown? I usually find things like this funny...
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i would like to know where they got the name clowntown from the nigels
  • Options
    Not a bad effort to be fair, this Hudson thing clearly has got under their skin despite their claims that they got the better end of the deal :-)
  • Options
    Forgive my ignorance but I’ve always wondered why do we call them Nigel’s?
  • Options
    surrey thing i think
  • Options
    But they are not our rivals...
  • Options
    so they keep saying
  • Options
    I was expecting it to be be funny but mediocre I'm afraid.
    Anyway it is quite clear they don't care about us and they are not miffed about us nicking Hudson.
  • Options
    Nope not funny at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's amusing enough in an 11.30am radio 4 light entertainment sort of way. It could have been so much better. Essentially it is an average idea executed averagely well.
  • Options
    Im holding me sides.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i would like to know where they got the name clowntown from the nigels
    According to my mate Nigel, it's because Charlton are a joke club.

err....
  • Options
    Apologies for my rather blunt outburst........few Peronis to blame for that!!

Still..... not in the slightest bit humourous!!!
  • Options
    Not a bad effort to be fair, this Hudson thing clearly has got under their skin despite their claims that they got the better end of the deal :-)

Of course they have the better end of the deal and have been glad to see the back of him. Thats why he has been rock solid this season, scored a goal on his debut (not bad for a defender), and that's why the Nigels will be frothing at the mouth and abuse him relentlessly next Tuesday evening
  • Options
    I think we should sing in place of south london is wonderful

Oh Mark Hudson Is Wonderful
  • Options
    Piss weak crap from the fans of a club that bought Paddy McCarthy and gave us their highly regarded captain. This is the kind of anally retentive crap you would expect from fans of "the team of the 80's"
    You would think they would turn their hard biting satirical guns onto the "real" rivalry that they have with the footballing giant that is Brighton and Hove Albion.
    Ersatz laughter from an Ersatz football club.
  • Options
    would have preferred to have McCarthy and Hudson to be fair!
  • Options
    quite good for a bunch of retards
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]it's amusing enough in an 11.30am radio 4 light entertainment sort of way. It could have been so much better. Essentially it is an average idea executed averagely well.

What K. said.

Laugh, I almost did.