Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the crowd for saturday

2»

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Just out of interest, does anyone know how much the club needs to take in ticket sales to break even on the costs of staging the match? If the club sell out at £20 a ticket, how much margin do they make and therefore how low do ticket prices have to get before they become loss-leaders? £5 certainly sounds extremely cheap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Just out of interest, does anyone know how much the club needs to take in ticket sales to break even on the costs of staging the match? If the club sell out at £20 a ticket, how much margin do they make and therefore how low do ticket prices have to get before they become loss-leaders? £5 certainly sounds extremely cheap.

Doesn't really work like that. If a seat would otherwise be empty then selling it at £5 equals about £4.15 after VAT more than we would otherwise have, always assuming the purchaser wouldn't have bought anyway at full price.

But I wouldn't get too carried away with the economics either way. As of 2.30pm, the Greenwich Card promotion had yielded 12 (twelve) sales and the Bromley schools about 100. It is very, very difficult to sell tickets at the moment. I blame Gordon Brown Iain Dowie.
  • Options
    Would this offer for tickets at £5.00 be tickets in the hard to fill east stand a block,nearest the south stand :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well I know the club don't actually have to pay anyone for the seat but there is effectively a cost per seat. TV rights and sponsorship fees don't cover all the costs associated with running the club so gate receipts have to top up the rest (or try to at least). I guess I'd just have to get out the financial figures for the last year and work it out as a total revenue per game required to break even for the year divided by 27000 seats. Wasn't looking for a way in to have a moan about paying X amount for a season ticket when others were being given offers like this just was interested really. I'm all for a full stadium at £5 a ticket rather than half empty at £20, especially if it gets some of the season ticket holders of tomorrow hooked.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options