Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sodje has gone to watford

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
To get fit till he joins us?? or another loss in the market?

Comments

• Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_4196936,00.html
  • Options
    Oh...I'm surprised to hear that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]or another loss in the market?

Who have we lost on then? Have I missed something?
  • Options
    Only for a month
  • Options
    sake
  • Options
    Considering that we've lost Fortune for 6-8 weeks, can't understand why Pardew wouldn't have got him in. Surely he would have prefered to come back to us rather than go to Watford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Considering that we've lost Fortune for 6-8 weeks, can't understand why Pardew wouldn't have got him in. Surely he would have prefered to come back to us rather than go to Watford.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.
    All i can think is that the loan is only for a month and i recall Pards saying at the start of the season that he was only interested in longer term loans, hence the fuss over how long we'd get Cranie and Primus for.
    Maybe Reading will only let him out for a month to get match fit and want him back after that.
  • Options
    Maybe Reading see us as more of a threat to their promotion ambitions than Watford and don't want to strengthen us.
  • Options
    Disagree with getting anyone for 1 month loans (unless both keepers were unavailable), so if that is all he was available for then good decision imho.
  • Options
    My take on it is Pardew simply doesn't rate him.

He's had numerous chances to sign him since the beginning of summer, if he is fitting into Waftord's wage bill then he would fit into ours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In fairness guys there could be a whole host of reasons why he's not heading our way, so let's not throw doo doo in Pard's direction without knowing all the facts (no doubt certain folk will be doing that on message boards elsewhere)....There are three clubs involved, all with differing agendas when you come to think of it, so who knows what's going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Apart from the fact that he could leap like a salmon and head the ball I thought he was a pretty poor defender and other than the fact that we do have injury issues Im actualy pleased we didnt sign him
  • Options
    Well, Sod yer then, Sam !

;o)
  • Options
    Sam is an CAFC fan so pards mustn't of put a bid in
  • Options
    Not sure we need 3 centre backs that belong to other clubs all using us a means to recover from injury. If we're going to get someone in as short term cover lets get someone who is fully fit.

No great loss anyway. Those diving headers aside he was pretty average imo. We could do worse but we could do a lot better than him too.