Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Moaners

Having had my same seat at the Valley since the Upper North was built i have always laughed at the stroies about 'the bloke who sits behind you', mainly because i didn't have that problem. I did have one who sat in front, but i managed to educate him and now we sit and laugh at the miss placed passes, missed tackles etc and try to cheer the team on together...sadly this season i have finally had one of these tossers turn up and sit a couple of rows behind me. After fully 10 mins today he demanded Pardew take Youga off because he was crap...great job...10 mins, what patience the man has. He even has a pop at Ambrose when he is not even on the pitch, and a week or so ago when Ambrose came of the bench he went nuts as the guy is walking onto the field. People like him make my blood boil. I pay good money every year to go to The Valley to support my team and this twat ruins it. Sadly a s a completed knuckle head there is no point in even trying to speak to him as he would just want a fight.

I as most am not averse to moaning about players with the guys around me and I have even been known to boo once or twice when it was really bad (Wycombe in the CC Cup) but 8 games into a season and 10 mins into a game...get a life mate. You clearly have some major problems in your life so why don't you stay at home, sort them out and leave me and every one else around us to enjoy our saturday afternoons away from twats like you.

Comments

• Great post valleyman. I honestly wonder why some people go, they never seem to enjoy it. I guess you just need to be thankful that you don't live with someone like that. Imagine what hell that would be; all the yelling and shouting the second something went wrong.
  • We have the same problem at sporting events here and it really detracts from the enjoyment of a day out...I'm convinced that the moaners think it makes them look clever, when I think it's quite the opposite.
  • [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]We have the same problem at sporting events here and it really detracts from the enjoyment of a day out...I'm convinced that the moaners think it makes them look clever, when I think it's quite the opposite.

That's a great point Can-addick. You can almost hear them thinking can't you, "They'll see how clever I am, when I criticise the
    . In reality though it comes across as, "They'll see how harmless I am, why I'm just a little old lady. They'll say, 'she wouldn't even swat that fly...'."
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Great post valleyman. I honestly wonder why some people go, they never seem to enjoy it. I guess you just need to be thankful that you don't live with someone like that. Imagine what hell that would be; all the yelling and shouting the second something went wrong.

Agree mate, i honestly don't know why some people bother going. I said on another post somewhere that there's 2 blokes (season ticket holders) who sit near me in the north upper who didn't even move or cheer when Varney scored, yet were straight up on their feet moaning and shouting abuse at Pardew when Wednesday scored. Like it's Pardews fault our defenders can't put a tackle in. Then they booed the team at half time, that's really productive lads. Especially when we'd not played that badly and could've been 2 or 3 up before they equalised.
    I'm well aware that people pay their money and can do what they like but when you're not even cheering your own teams goals and almost wanting the other team to score as it means it's time for a moan then i don't know why they bother spending 350 quid. I can safely say that these two idiots will ensure i'll be moving seats next season.
  • i must be lucky where i sit not one moaner anywhere near us
  • "i must be lucky where i sit not one moaner anywhere near us"

Didn't know you could get season tickets in the away end!
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i must be lucky where i sit not one moaner anywhere near us

Where do you sit?
  • got my own box
  • lol nw stand upper
  • you could be the moaner of your area then? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Having had my same seat at the Valley since the Upper North was built i have always laughed at the stroies about 'the bloke who sits behind you', mainly because i didn't have that problem. I did have one who sat in front, but i managed to educate him and now we sit and laugh at the miss placed passes, missed tackles etc and try to cheer the team on together...sadly this season i have finally had one of these tossers turn up and sit a couple of rows behind me. After fully 10 mins today he demanded Pardew take Youga off because he was crap...great job...10 mins, what patience the man has. He even has a pop at Ambrose when he is not even on the pitch, and a week or so ago when Ambrose came of the bench he went nuts as the guy is walking onto the field. People like him make my blood boil. I pay good money every year to go to The Valley to support my team and this twat ruins it. Sadly a s a completed knuckle head there is no point in even trying to speak to him as he would just want a fight.

He pays his money just like you...entitled to his opinion even if you and I don't agree..

I as most am not averse to moaning about players with the guys around me and I have even been known to boo once or twice when it was really bad (Wycombe in the CC Cup) but 8 games into a season and 10 mins into a game...get a life mate. You clearly have some major problems in your life so why don't you stay at home, sort them out and leave me and every one else around us to enjoy our saturday afternoons away from twats like you.
  • Good post Valleyman.

I like a good old whine as much as the next man and don't subscribe to the view that you should never criticise. Nobody was short of effort and we didn't have the rub of the green on Saturday, but people were still pissing and moaning almost from kick off. The good news is that many of them will not keep coming.
  • Sounds like I've been lucky this season then. I was overjoyed to find the 2 fellas that have sat behind me for years swearing and moaning constantly had either not renewed or have moved.

On the downside the fella on the end of the row the one behind us has driven out a couple of our friends and they have now moved elsewhere. He can't seem to understand that if you don't go at least 2 mins early at half time that there is absolutely no chance of getting a beer before kickoff let alone drinking it in my part of the East Stand.
  • the fella on the end of my row tuts when i come back to my seat after the 2nd half has started. i don't leave my seat early as i don't want to miss anything or annoy anyone, but the queues are too massive for me to get a drink/food and get back to my seat before the 2nd half kicks off. I don't buy anything anymore cos i hate being sighed at. I guess next season i might try to swap my seats so i'm nearer the end of the row. i'm slap bang in the middle at the moment. 10 people to pee off both ways!

the fellas in front of me have always moaned, but they can be funny and we do have banter with them. most of the time i just roll my eyes at them and feel sorry for the fact they can't get any enjoyment from watching the game ever at all. If i let everyone who was negative around me bother me, I wouldn't go myself. let them get on with it and sit in their own misery.
  • but suzisausage just ignore the bloke who tuts you should be able to come and go as you please!next time he tuts stuff a burger in his face wih loads of tom sauce
  • The bloke in front of me, who brings his wife who looks pretty down trodden and a daughter of about 7 or 8, boos at half time, moans at everything and shouts C**nts at the team as they trudge off at the end of the game, the blokes behind me slag off Ambrose even when he is not playing and call ZZ Ting Tong and I sit in the rerspectable quiet upper west!!
  • bloke should be ashamed of himself using that word in front of them
  • In front of his 7 or 8 year old daughter ? .........Jeez, the mentality of some people.
  • My guess is that the moaners are using the match as an opportunity to vent their frustration about something else that is wrong with their lives. It would be nice to think that after 90 minutes of cathartic bitching they go home feeling slightly better about themselves...somehow I doubt it.

If the bloke in the NW Upper who spends all his time telling Pardew to "Sort It Aht!" and calling Varney a Muppet is reading this, my advice is to seek professional help. Then you might learn to enjoy your football.
  • edited December 2009
    Moaning.........we love it on here don't we. In the past couple of days i've seen threads moaning about our performances even though we're winning games, moaning about our full backs even though we've had injuries and only conceded 1 unlucky goal in the last 3 games, people moaning that they're scared of facing Millwall, people moaning about our captains play acting even though he's the driving force and one of the best players in our team.
    Some people are just never happy.
    Just think where we were performance-wise 9-10 months ago, what your predictions were at the start of this season, and how we're faring now. I'd say for most people we must be exceeding those expectations.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Moaning.........we love it on here don't we. In the past couple of days i've seen threads moaning about our performances even though we're winning games, moaning about our full backs even though we've had injuries and only conceded 1 unlucky goal in the last 3 games, people moaning that they're scared of facing Millwall, people moaning about our captains play acting even though he's the driving force and one of the best players in our team.
    Just think where we were performance-wise 9-10 months ago, what your predictions were at the start of this season, and how we're faring now. I'd say for most people we must be exceeding those expectations.

Haha all charlton fans love a good moan.......FACT!! :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Moaning.........we love it on here don't we. In the past couple of days i've seen threads moaning about our performances even though we're winning games, moaning about our full backs even though we've had injuries and only conceded 1 unlucky goal in the last 3 games, people moaning that they're scared of facing Millwall, people moaning about our captains play acting even though he's the driving force and one of the best players in our team.
    Stop moaning ;-)
  • Stop moaning about him moaning ;-)
  • I recently went to see Wigan Athletic play (don't ask). The bloke next to me turned his wife on at least 10 occasions and said to his wife "If I were <player's name>, I would have <turned and shot/played a square pass/hoofed it upfield/taken a shot etc>. How a man weighting 20-odd stone (and what's worse wearing the name Boyce on his replica shirt) would have done any of these things is beyond me
  • If your over 12 and your wearing a replica shirt, you dont deserve an opinion...FACT ;-)