Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Free Tickets

Fcuk mine, how many freebies were given away today, North Stand where I was was full off 'Low Lifes, Rude boys and Somalians.

Community scheme must have been handing em out at all the estates. Standing up chatting through the game, going to the toilet countless times, throwing tissues/food at other supporters in the rows in front. Had too move in the end, low life tramps most of them, surprised they didnt give them food vouchers at half time.

Wont bother going in future if this is the supporters were gonna have.

Even with all this we still have the cheek to say the attendance is 20,000.

IMO there was 15,000 max

Comments

• Options
    Care in the community mate Woolwich is in our area after all.
  • Options
    I think a helicopter must have dropped a box of tickets over Cherry Orchard.
  • Options
    I'm sure they loved you, too.
  • Options
    They were probably too busy 'dropping it like its hot'.
  • Options
    freebies were a plenty for the game my nephew had 4, him and his mates all given 4 or 6 each
  • Options
    Whilst we'd all like to see the ground filled with hard-core fans, it's not going to happen in the short term.

Looking at it from a purely monetary point of view, the club has already paid for staffing, policing, electric etc. etc. so it's not actually costing them anything to give away some tickets. Ok, so a few of those with free tickets may have actually stumped up the cash and bought them, but that's probably an extremely small number. So what's been done is to get bodies through the door who are going to spend money on the over-priced food & drink. It's basically money for nothing. There's also the possibility that these kids will come back and BUY tickets in the future.

Where all these freebies are located in the ground is another matter entirely and something that perhaps needs to be looked at in more depth.
  • Options
    This is a good initive my the board. Get them in even if a twenty people like it and want to come again which is great.

They could have an offer for free ticket to any season ticket holder. Obvisiously 1st come 1st served due to the amount of season ticker holders we have. i.e Home game say against Barnsley. Open the 3/4 of the Jimmy Seed stand to us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]This is a good initive my the board. Get them in even if a twenty people like it and want to come again which is great.

They could have an offer for free ticket to any season ticket holder. Obvisiously 1st come 1st served due to the amount of season ticker holders we have. i.e Home game say against Barnsley. Open the 3/4 of the Jimmy Seed stand to us.
    Good idea.
    Or even "the seat next to you for a fiver"...
  • Options
    Only because i want to take my gf for nowt f-blocker :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Only because i want to take my gf for nowt f-blocker :-)
    :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i don't know how many the club make available, but greenwich council employees can buy up to 4 tickets @ £5 each.
  • Options
    Adult tickets for the visit of Bristol City at £10. I know its a mid week fixture but I am starting to question why I bothered buying a season ticket.
  • Options
    .. and the freebies near me had bought loads of drinks and food so at least we are

a. putting bums on empty seats
    b. maybe luring a few back another time?
    c. making some dosh we would not have got
    d. helping our local community

I think its a good idea!
  • Options
    I can certainly see the point of putting bums on seats but as a season ticket holder I will end up paying more to see Charlton v Bristol City than a casual fan. Not what I would expect to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I can certainly see the point of putting bums on seats but as a season ticket holder I will end up paying more to see Charlton v Bristol City than a casual fan. Not what I would expect to be honest.
    It's swings & roundabouts - your ticket would've been cheaper than the £30-odd for Reading and Swansea...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I can certainly see the point of putting bums on seats but as a season ticket holder I will end up paying more to see Charlton v Bristol City than a casual fan. Not what I would expect to be honest.
    It's swings & roundabouts - your ticket would've been cheaper than the £30-odd for Reading and Swansea...

And over the season a ST will still be cheaper and more convenient.

Not sure how many "free tickets" there were but there were offers at £5 to Bromley Schools and Greenwich Leisure card holders.

I'm sorry that some people in the ground didn't meet the correct racial profile for you CharltonParkLane and others. Maybe you should ask the club just to give them out to white people in future. : - (
  • Options
    I think there's another potential benefit . Next time we want to buy a player, we can say and on heart, "we really are a big club, we always get over 20k at home games". If things are neck and neck between ourselves and a similar club, it might just be enough to swing it in our favour.
  • Options
    were missing the biggest problem

the feckers wont want to come back after watching the cack we keep serving up
  • Options
    oh yes the worm is turning mission accomplished LOL
  • Options
    mate job done defo, i have turned the glasses have lost their lenses, and i am 1 or 2 games away from the pardew is not the answer party
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'm sorry that some people in the ground didn't meet the correct racial profile for you CharltonParkLane and others. Maybe you should ask the club just to give them out to white people in future. : - (
    Agreed. Bloody blacks. Next thing you know they'll be playing the game too. Then they'll want the vote, and to be able to sit next to us on the bus as well. Give 'em an inch...

Actually heard someone call my mate's missus a 'sooty' yesterday as well. Brought back wonderful memories that did. Of course, it came out of a crowd of about twenty blokes, and was aimed at two couples minding their own business at a football match, but I thought they were dead hard and everything.
  • Options
    as they would leroy the fecking tossers nowt makes my blood boil more than a fecking div like that
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    'I'm sorry that some people in the ground didn't meet the correct racial profile for you CharltonParkLane and others. Maybe you should ask the club just to give them out to white people in future. : - ('

Didnt mean that at all.

There were a lot of low lifes there Henry (sorry if you mistook this as me meaning black people), one certain group of white lads/blokes aged between 13 and 30 smoking, drinking and were constalntly throwing food and tissues at people in front of them).

And yes there was a lot of rude boys and somalis there, exactley the same people who will be putting the fear of god into innocents if they walked on there estate of a night. Would have to think twice about letting my boy go to CAFC on his own if this is the supporter the club woul encourage.

Certainly not a black and white thing
  • Options
    Stop CPL. You are digging yourself into a hole and making things worse.
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]there was a lot of rude boys and somalis there, exactley the same people who will be putting the fear of god into innocents if they walked on there estate of a night.
    What does this mean? You can't walk on an estate at night, if you are Somalian, because you're too scarey? Somalians aren't innocent, and are therefore guilty of something?

I'm gald you say it's not a black and white thing, but there's still something worrying in what you are saying.
  • Options
    The club can only distribute the tickets in good faith to encourage potential new support, it's not the club who control where the tickets end up.

Let's hope that at least a reasonable percentage will consider to come along again, given that the club will be running further campaigns throughout the season,if results start to change it will be easier to get people along it's a win win situation(hopefully).
  • Options
    The club has nothing to hide on free or discounted tickets and to demonstrate that, here's what we did for Saturday's game.

We offered tickets at £10 through a KM reader offer in Canterbury, we offered £5 tickets to Bromley primary schools and, because we were concerned about the gate dipping under 20,000 we extended the offer to Greenwich Card holders on Thursday. The total number of tickets sold through these initiatives was about 200. There was an offer to Greenwich (and Bexley and Kent County) Council employees for Reading, but not yesterday (or for Swansea, Wolves or Ipswich).

We also gave away 1,000 tickets late on through the community scheme - as they are funded to work in deprived areas, it's inevitable that they will tend to given them to people from estates, etc.

Any offers we do are structured to avoid the same people getting the tickets match on match, although I accept we won't always get it 100 per cent right.

Neither does the £10 ticket for Bristol City disdavantage season-ticket holders. If you attend regularly you will be better off with a season ticket. The £10 price was planned with that in mind and everyone will be able to do the maths at the end of the season.

I know for a fact that some people who came on comps to Swansea subsequently bought season tickets. You can't really put a value on that introduction if someone who comes on a comp or a cheap offer goes on to become a lifelong fan, as happened many, many times with Target 10,000.

I do think we need to target comps more tightly at primary school children in the local area, but I'd hope that the majority of Charlton supporters would see the sense of that as long as no school gets tickets more than once or twice a season.
  • Options
    A shame really, because a debate on the benefit / non-benefit of issuing free or subsidised tickets to what are clearly non-core fans would of been an interesting debate, but i'm afraid in a post-defeat reactionary way this was has been handled far a far too clumsy way, and as a result i am closing the thread.

I will use Airman's insightful post at a later post-Palace to open what will hopefully be a more reasoned debate.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!