Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slimey Jordan admits regrets over Addicks rants

edited September 2008 in General Charlton
gawd lord, from the Mirror:

Peace has broken out in Simon Jordan's war of words with Charlton ahead of tonight's south London derby.

Palace owner Jordan branded Addicks chairman Richard Murray an "imbecile" who "should have been punched in the mouth and knocked down the stairs" - after claiming Murray called him a "t****r" when Palace were relegated at the Valley in 2005.

Ex-Eagles manager Iain Dowie's move to the Addicks increased the bad feeling, but Jordan has eased the tension.

Jordan, whose club are a point off the foot of the table, said: "I regret the way I was before. I knew it was disrespectful - but I said things anyway."

Charlton boss Alan Pardew admits it is a must win game for both him - and Palace manager Neil Warnock.

Pardew said: "It's a big game for Neil Warnock and I. We need to get ourselves back on track and we will doubly determined to get something there."

Comments

• Options
    Great

lets give it theres only one Simon Jordan then

yeah right
  • Options
    Who forced him to say that then?
  • Options
    methinks a word has been had in Mr Jordan's ear by the local constabulary
  • Options
    Me thinks they have taken that out of context from another interview he did about selling Palace (as if it was his to sell any more) with The Times (I think).

He did say that but never mentioned Charlton or Richard Murray.
  • Options
    Doesn't seem an unreasonable point. Him and Murray were both acting like tadgers, fair play to him for admitting that he was being a goat.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Doesn't seem an unreasonable point. Him and Murray were both acting like tadgers, fair play to him for admitting that he was being a goat.

Mort do you know why Richard specifically called him a tosser?
    The reason was that a few months earlier he had said in a newspaper article that the majority of Premierhip chairmen were a load of tossers. The comments didn't go down at all well when discussed at a meeting of The Premiership Chairman in the interim.
    On the day, Jordan turned up late for dinner with his entourage...he hadn't bothered to notify the club that he would be late and didn't even apologise,add to that the fact that he totaly ignored our clubs directors and went straight to the directors box without so much as a bye or leave and the gauntlet was well and truly thrown down.
    OK Richard should perhaps have ignored the little twat...but the comment just came out and the rest is history as they say.
  • Options
    Siiiiimon Jorden is a w*nker, is a w*nker! :-)
  • Options
    So is Colin W*nker.....great anogram, Neil.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Doesn't seem an unreasonable point. Him and Murray were both acting like tadgers, fair play to him for admitting that he was being a goat.

Mort do you know why Richard specifically called him a tosser?
    The reason was that a few months earlier he had said in a newspaper article that the majority of Premierhip chairmen were a load of tossers. The comments didn't go down at all well when discussed at a meeting of The Premiership Chairman in the interim.
    On the day, Jordan turned up late for dinner with his entourage...he hadn't bothered to notify the club that he would be late and didn't even apologise,add to that the fact that he totaly ignored our clubs directors and went straight to the directors box without so much as a bye or leave and the gauntlet was well and truly thrown down.
    OK Richard should perhaps have ignored the little twat...but the comment just came out and the rest is history as they say.

Thats what I read. Murray said at the Dowie court hearing that he regretted what he said. If it was a couple of ordinary fans getting a little overheated, nobody would have given a monkeys. If they privately made up afterwards, it would have all been forgotten. The problem was that Tangoman decided to make a huge issue about it in his football column and in a magazine interview. presumably this was all part of trying to show the Palarse fans what a "top" normal bloke he was. The fact that he owed a wider responsibility not to stir up passions apparently never occured to him.