Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew threatens shake-up in SE7

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ben, just sent you a whisper with my responses...hopefully you will get them this time
  • Options
    Sorry Henry , but i'm with Charlie on this one;
    Ever since Murray and Jordan had their spat (admittedly the orange one started it) Murray seems to have put commonsense on the backburner. Even Murrays no1 fan can see why he asked Ian Dowie to become our manager and ,i think you'll find, that even then alot of people questioned his motives.
    As you're awhere , i've never been a great fan of Murray (or Alwen) , but , I do admire (and thank) them for everything that they , and the other directors , have done for Charlton Athletic. But , since Curbs left , Murray seems to have taken his "eye off the ball" , and seems more interested in personal vendettas rather than the bigger picture.
    And , I don't remember seeing Murray at Charlton before the late 80s. Is he an 'addick ?

I'll get me tin hat !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Ben.....have to agree with your sentiments, but then again I would prefer a face to face in that case.....I do understand the heat of the moment stuff, but when you see certain people attacked for voicing an opinion it kind of detracts from the original reason for us being here, and not knowing the history etc....anyway....

For some reason I dont get the usual flag coming up for the pm's here in Oz, but did see and reply to yours yesterday...I'll copy it and re-send

I agree. People say things in the heat of the moment but most will then realise that they have gone over the top and apologise for the language if not the sentiment. Charlie refused to do this and in fact just carried on in the knowledge that he had found a form of abuse that would get him the attention he craves.

He also has a history of running the club down for many many years (at least five to my reckoning)under a number of alias' and has never posted anything but the most brief and very occasional praise for anything to do with the club.

If he was willing to meet me face to face I would be willing (but certainly not happy) to do so.

I repeat he is not being attacked for voicing an opinion. He is being attacked for his vile and boorish insults and his troll like behaviour.

Got your reply to the message BTW. Will respond.
  • Options
    Ok, I'll take my own advice and not read those bits!
    :-)
  • Options
    Sorry Henry , didn't know "charlie" has previous !

But I stand by my post about Murray ; maybe he should have stepped down when Curbs left.
  • Options
    With all due respect Henry - I am pissed off with the mess I feel the club is in at the moment and not sure where my biggest grumble is - the board, Murray or Pardew.
  • Options
    Maybe its time to just take stock eh Charlie
    :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]With all due respect Henry - I am pissed off with the mess I feel the club is in at the moment and not sure where my biggest grumble is - the board, Murray or Pardew.

No you are not. You are an attention seeking troll.

If you want to answer the points that I raised then go ahead but do not try and pretend that this has anything to do with the club, the manager of the board.

This is about your attention seeking behaviour and use of insults, nothing else.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]With all due respect Henry - I am pissed off with the mess I feel the club is in at the moment and not sure where my biggest grumble is - the board, Murray or Pardew.

Lies, you've been griding this axe since we were in the Premier League on Glynn Jones mailing list, you wanted Curbs out, you wanted Murray outed, you wanted Dowie outed, you now want the same for Pards.

You're a liar, it has nothing to do with the current situation, and all to do with you craving attention in your sad little world.

At least Glynn had the guts to ban you from the mailing list, you re appeared here.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    I repeat he is not being attacked for voicing an opinion. He is being attacked for his vile and boorish insults and his troll like behaviour.

But he is getting personal insults, which is largely the the one key rule of the forum. And as a result, i have to waste time deleting them.

You know my feelings on the matter, and anyone who continually slates our club automatically puts my back up. I simply hate hearing it.

But playing devils advocate, you tell me what difference there is between Charlie's slating of Murray, and say NSS starting threads such as 'Pardew is a W***er' ?

BTW: I'm sinking this thread for a short period. With a link currently on the official site, if we are getting any fresh visitors, i don't want to give the impression personal contentions are the norm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's with the Murray bollox?

The time is coming for Pards to justify his poor transfer dealings and inept selection, I think.

But why is it Murray's fault?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Sorry Henry , didn't know "charlie" has previous !

But I stand by my post about Murray ; maybe he should have stepped down when Curbs left.

P, that's your opinion. I don't agree but fair enough.

Where you are wrong, IMHO, is to side with Charlie who called not just Murray but Peter Varney et al C****s and not just once.

Anyway Richard will step down when he wants to. Don't know where he was before the late 80s but I've never had any reason to doubt his passion for the club. You can point the finger at him for many things and he will even agree with some of them but he put his money where his mouth in the past and again this summer.
  • Options
    What is the Murray stuff actually based on though? Absoultly sweet FA. The Pards stuff I can understand as the performances on the pitch haven't met the expectation levels that Pards himself talked up, but Murray has done the right thing 99% of the time.

Roy/Charlie/Sheffield is a troll, he looks for attention, and he gets it, and he get sympathy when it's not deserved.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    Lies, you've been griding this axe since we were in the Premier League on Glynn Jones mailing list, you wanted Curbs out, you wanted Murray outed, you wanted Dowie outed, you now want the same for Pards.

When I was on that list - I was particularly pissed off with the usual poor form during the past ten game of season after season for which my biggest grumble was about Curbs. In those days it wasn't possible for me to attend many game - mainly due to the cost of getting to the ground being too high without getting hold of the advanced purchase rail tickets that didn't exist. As for Pards - I have tried to hold off on wanting him out.
  • Options
    someone shut that twat up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

When I was on that list - I was particularly pissed off with the usual poor form during the past ten game of season after season for which my biggest grumble was about Curbs. In those days it wasn't possible for me to attend many game - mainly due to the cost of getting to the ground being too high without getting hold of the advanced purchase rail tickets that didn't exist. As for Pards - I have tried to hold off on wanting him out.

Lies again, you were constantly calling for Curbs head, you were constantly abusing Murray, Varney and anyone else who you could name check.

You deserve the abuse back, but then you'll do what you did on the mailing list, and send emails to peoples employers and service providers crying like a baby