Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Charlton Life - On The Run - Predictions & Prizes!**

WSSWSS
edited October 2008 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Hello all

As the race day is fast approaching, we thought that it would a good idea to try and get as many people involved from the site and as a result we are offering a couple of prizes for those of you who can predict the combined time that all of us complete the 13.1 miles in.

It’s a quick and easy prediction to put down and you will have the chance to win a top quality Charlton Life Ping Polo Shirt (courtesy of T.C.E, thank you) and a second prize of being an honorary runner by claiming a (washed) running shirt.

The prize will be winnable to all people who make a donation (of any size) on http://www.justgiving.com/runtothebeat but even if you cannot make a contribution, there is no harm is you having a guess on how we’ll do. Runners, of course you can play as well!

There are 15 runners (WSS, AFKA, T.C.E, Ketman, GlassHalfEmpty, Latimer, Kigelia, Curb_It, Tavern, JohnBoyUK, 3blokes, AllLeftFoot, Dave Storry, Cardinal Sin, Albany Steve).

To help you out I have put some approximate time guidelines down:

Average of 6 minute miles: 19hrs 30mins
Average of 7 minute miles: 22hrs 45mins
Average of 8 minute miles: 26hrs
Average of 9 minute miles: 29hrs 12mins
Average of 10 minute miles: 32hrs 30mins
Average of 11 minute miles: 35hrs 45mins
Average of 12 minute miles: 39hrs
Average of 13 minute miles: 42hrs 15mins
Average of 14 minute miles: 45hrs 30mins
Haile Gebrselassie time: 15hrs 29 mins

Hopefully everyone will finish but if people do not, then the time will be capped at 3hrs 30mins. We will all be wearing chips so times will be accurate.

So get predicting, get donating and get supporting!

We will be in The Anchor post-race so if anyone wants to come down then please feel free.

Thanks everyone for your support.

WSS

Comments

• Options
    32 hours, 43mins
  • Options
    39hrs 21mins
  • Options
    35hours 25mins
  • Options
    40 hours 0 mins - plus 2 crawls over finishing line, 9 visions of the 'wall', 7 complaints of cramp, 8 bleeding nips, 3 twisted ankles, 13 impromptu wee stops, 4 unofficial pub stop offs and 1 disqualification for jumping on the back of the channel 4 filming crews bike (or getting a lift back to the O2 with the road sweeper!)
  • Options
    36 hours 10 mins. Good luck guys
  • Options
    38 hours 16 mins. good luck to you all.
  • Options
    many thanks Badger,try and join us in the Anchor if you can fella
  • Options
    What times that then?
  • Options
    From about 2 for a couple of hours
  • Options
    43hrs 15 mins

Come on guys, have a guess. Its only a bit of fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    35hrs 27mins
  • Options
    40 hours 16 mins
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This is hard one to gauge.

Kigelia is obviously gonna be the daddy amongst you lot - ketman could be a dark horse in there with Tavern.

Reading the training posts TCE was obviously putting the training in - not saying the others weren't - just read all the posts and top effort from all with the training - even you Medders ya soppy sod trying to run with ya shins - i've had that it is effing agony so good effort anyway -

ok I will say

37hrs 04 minutes
  • Options
    35hrs 42 mins
  • Options
    Tavern is no dark horse. He is fit to run faster but he's running with his doris to get her through.
    It will be funny to hear tell all and sundry after that he could have run faster but he wasnt allowed.

WSS is the other quick one with ketman.

42 hours.
  • Options
    38 hrs 23 mins
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Tavern is no dark horse. He is fit to run faster but he's running with his doris to get her through.
    I

Oh he is walking the course then LOL

Good luck to you all
  • Options
    33 hrs 12 mins
  • Options
    38 hrs 38 mins
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    32 hours 17 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    34.37 is my guess
  • Options
    Well as i have no idea who any of you are or your fitness levels and previous experience i am going for 45 minutes - the time it will take Charlton to be 3-0 up on Saturday - LOL
  • Options
    35:42 and good luck to everyone..............
  • Options
    41hours 17 min

And good luck to you all
  • Options
    38 hours 45 mins
  • Options
    with over half the times in, we're on about 17 hours.....so looks like the grand total will be under 30 hours!