Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

12.45 kick offs

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
is it just me or are 12.45 kick offs a real pain in the harris

Comments

• Options
    Abso- fing- lootely!

Big rush in the morning- and the way things are at the mo- longer to feel really peed off after the match!

But- hey- sky need their money! ;-)
  • Options
    I'd take them over Monday night games in winter.
  • Options
    least with the mondays you can get the banquet meal in the viceroy when the pub shuts
  • Options
    My preference for home games has to be

Saturday 3pm

Sunday 4pm ( or 3pm )

Sat 5.15

Sun 2pm

Midweek 8pm's

Mon 8pm (just)

Sat 12.45

What do others think?
  • Options
    The planets may align tomorrow for 90 odd minutes from 12:45pm to see Charlton win. Will we improve on last week? I may cry if I see that all over again.
  • Options
    my preference for home games has to be just after ive had a freak accident causing loss of sight and feeling
  • Options
    Sorry, Cheeseroll. I closed my eyes last Saturday and I could hear the lack of effort!
  • Options
    So that's a vote for a later ko then??

Allowing more beers to be consumed and therefore adding to the loss of sight and feeling?
  • Options
    Ends up I start early, go for a few after, offend wife as fairly drunk at about 4.00 where she doesn't mind me being a bit pissed at 6.00 or later. Then fall alseep don't help with the kids going to bed.....it just gets worse, the absolute worse time for a game.

Don't mind later slide off normal time 1.00 ish just come back later....
  • Options
    12.45 kick off equals 5.45am here - ouch. Way we're playing I don't know if I can bring myself to set the alarm....
    No it's live on telly so I'll be there (in spirit at least), so give em a cheer for me !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a Charlton supporter living in Sheffield - I usually take the coach as far as London then train from Victoria (changing at Lewisham)

>Saturday 3pm
    Definitely has to be my top preference.

Sunday 2pm/3pm/4pm
    The next best options

Sat 5.15
    Not so good - have to rely on the overnight coach (long wait at Victoria)

Mon 8pm (just)
    Have a 1210 coach which is handy - still have the overnight coach back.

Midweek 8pm's
    The 1210 tends not run on Tuesdays or Wednesdays (except Summer and Xmas) when I have to rely on the train to London, then coach back.

Sat 12.45
    Tends to be train both ways
  • Options
    overnight coach ? Sod that.

This is my second preference over Sat 3pm. Not a big fan of sunday football as with my own team in the morning it takes up the whole day, while Monday 8pm is the worst of the lot. Find it hard to recover for the rest of the week.
  • Options
    Hate Monday night football!Saturday 3pm for me
  • Options
    Daughter plays now so Sunday is a pain in the arris would probably mean we have to miss Charlton!
  • Options
    Saturday 3pm. ANY other time on Saturday is complete toss, especially the 5.15 kick-off.

I like midweek games, even in winter. The floodlights, the noise... better than a 2pm Sunday game where the East Stand is snoring again.
  • Options
    Have we ever won a 12:45 kick off? Or even played well?