Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leonard Cohen Royal Albert Hall pre-sale

I know we got a lot of Cohen fans on here (wise folks that they are), so if anyone's interested, Lenny is played the Albert Hall on November 17th & 18th. Tickets aren't supposed to go on sale until 9am tomorrow, but being an uberfan I've been sent a pre-sale link where you can buy them now (ie get decent seats before the website crashing frenzy tomorrow morning)...

http://www.seetickets.com/aeglive/?c=338348

PS Anyone who doesn't like Cohen is a big poohead.

Comments

• Options
    Can't say I've ever heard one of his songs

His accountant took his dough though :o(
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Can't say I've ever heard one of his songs

His accountant took his dough though :o([/quote]

listen to a couple of his albums before you go to a big important wedding/birthday etc,gets you in the party spirit
  • Options
    [quote]listen to a couple of his albums before you go to a big important wedding/birthday etc,gets you in the party spirit[/quote]

lol - more like the prelude to a funeral
  • Options
    Got to admit, never had time for him before.

But saw him at glastonbury and he was quality.
  • Options
    Emperors new cloths....
  • Options
    Not a massive fan but Hallelujah and Suzanne should be in most peoples record collection imho.
  • Options
    Everyone thinks Hallelujah is Buckley unfortunately. I missed Leonard at Benicassim this year.

I only know 2 songs with my name in them. Leonard and Bill Wymans "come back Suzanne"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Not a massive fan but Hallelujah and Suzanne should be in most peoples record collection imho.

Heard Hallelujah on radio 2 yesterday, cant say I enjoyed it TBH, but fair enough if it floats your boat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Everyone thinks Hallelujah is Buckley unfortunately. I missed Leonard at Benicassim this year.

I only know 2 songs with my name in them. Leonard and Bill Wymans "come back Suzanne"

The John Cale Hallelujah is the definitive version IMHO

As for songs with your name my Ipod has

Wake up little Suzi by the Everly brothers

Suzanne beware of the Devil - Dandy Livingstone

Sorry Suzanne by the Hollies

and best of all Lonesome Suzi - The Band.

I can burn a copy of them if you want.
  • Options
    well Suzi isn't really my name, so i've never counted "Wake up little Suzi" but didn't know about the hollies or the dandy one, so i'll look them up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]well Suzi isn't really my name, so i've never counted "Wake up little Suzi" but didn't know about the hollies or the dandy one, so i'll look them up!

Could be worse. You could have a song about a rat sung by a weirdo named after you.

I think The Band song is spelt "Suzie" and the Everleys "Susi"