Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Early Kick Offs 3 Day Working Week

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
The 3 Day Working Week Brought Football To The Valley On A Sunday, 11am I Think, Mike Bailey/ Theo Foley Era,(Please Correct Me If Poss)Also Had VAT/TAX Laws Which Meant You Bought A Programme For Entry To Get Into The Grounds, NO SKY IN THEM Days, What Has Changed.

Comments

• Options
    never knew about the buying a programme for entry. Did they ramp up the price of the programme ?
  • Options
    It wasn't the VAT/Tax laws but the Sunday trading laws that they had to get around.
  • Options
    not old enough to remember this, but someone once told me that if you staged an event on a sunday, you had to have a free turnstile. this was to do with the sunday trading laws.
    might be b0££0(k$ though.
  • Options
    If you pay for a programme there is no VAT but to get into a sporting event there is. There used to be a dodge whereby if admission by programme only, there was no VAT. It doesn't work now though. Also, not sure if that had anything to do with it whatsoever - but am glad to share this interesting information with you all!!!
  • Options
    LOL

i have always felt that the programme should be a scaled down version, and should be free with entry.
  • Options
    I'm all for the programme being scaled down - but for the reason that it's largely full of complete pony!
  • Options
    Programmes Were Much Better Then, I Have A Very Large Collection Which Also Includes European Games And Non League Games For Grounds I Have Visited,Don't Buy Them Now, A Load Of Tosh As Far As I'm Concerned, And £3.00!
  • Options
    Different days now- primarily because nowadays all the news is available far earlier on the net and 24hr sports news tv so all the programme content is "old news". It did used to be the source of all the latest news.

Nowaday's only ever buy the last programme of a season as a record of the season