Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirley/Miss Brahms/Pauline Fowler

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
The endearing English actress Wendy Richard has announced that she is again sadly suffering form cancer. She doesn't think she has long to live.
As an adolescent she was a fantasy to me (and Mr. Lucas) as Miss Brahms in Are You Being Served? She was very sexy then.
She played Pte Walkers girlfriend Shirley in Dad's Army and of course made her name as Pauline Fowler in BBC's Eastenders,
She is also credited with a No.1 in the UK charts with her collaboration with Mike Sarne for "Come Outside".
Good luck Wendy, I hope you have many more days with us and I admire the way you have dealt with this situation.
Thanks for all the laughs at Grace Bros!

Comments

• Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Sad news...
  • Options
    Was on just a minute for years and was very funny and sharp. Always had some good banter with Kenneth Williams.

Sad news.
  • Options
    She also provided the vocals on Johnny Reggae by The piglets (a Johnatan King thing), and a song from Mike Sarne called 'come outside' in the 60's.

Sad news indeed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]She also provided the vocals on Johnny Reggae by The piglets (a Johnatan King thing), and a song from Mike Sarne called 'come outside' in the 60's.

Sad news indeed.

Never knew that. Pub quiz question if I ever heard one.