Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All going to plan so far

MCSMCS
edited October 2008 in Other Football and Sports
Yiddo's losing 0-1 at home to the mighty Hull! Barcodes losing 2-1 away at Everton, West Ham getting stuffed by bolt-on at home!! happy days!! lol

Comments

• Options
    yey in fact the yiddo game has finished now, lost to hull 0-1!! also man citeh aka the massives lose too hahahahahahahahahahahaha unlucky mugs
  • Options
    Shame about St Mirren getting thumped by Rangers.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Just got off the phone to a spuds ST holder told his missus to hide the knives as we will be playing Darren's mob next year, He said they havent got a striker at the club and that he will pay us out of his own savings for us to have back baby Bent

poor bstds

morale of the story dont be the team that relegates a local rival we did it to the kiddie beaters and then spuds did it against us,

Hull City double figures after 6 games and no team with that amount of points after 6 games has ever gone down
  • Options
    who cares about spurs there getting all they deserve im gutted for em poor lads lets av benty back we aint got the dough nice thought anyway , as for bently wot a complete w-nker
  • Options
    How was the O2?
  • Options
    great nite cocktails , beer the lot ,food f-kin expensive never paid a tenner 4 a sausage b4 wot a take on.
  • Options
    Did it end with a Frank Sinatra number?
  • Options
    ended something like that put it this way me and og did our way, eventhe girls ad a good drink av to join us next time.
  • Options
    poor yids...................................NOT
  • Options
    They'll be in a champions leagues spot next year though, yeah?

LOL.. out loud
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been on the wind up following that result. I know it's a distant dream but imagine if they were still there in 4 months time....

I would literally run around a north london suburb with my member hanging out
  • Options
    I'm On my way to the lane as we speak, bound to be a season ticket lying about somewhere,wouldn't want it wasted now would ya.
  • Options
    Anyone see Martin Jol interview today in the times....

Not bitter but simply asking what are you doing throwing your money at players and discarding 6 members of the England squad... NB Hamburg under jol challenging for the Bundesligue

Hats off to Hull 6 pts from nth London ... excellent!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    A few Spurs jokes:

1.Q.What the difference between Spurs and a Samosa?

A. A Samosa's got three points!

2.Q. What does THFC stand for?

A. They're Heading For Championship

3. A man jumps into a swimming pool full of sharks. Swims one length then another and climbs out!
    "How'd you do that mister" says the boy
    "Look at me T Shirt" says the man and on it was written "Spurs FOR FOURTH PLACE"

Even the sharks wouldn't swallow that!!

4. Four surgeons are taking a tea break:

1st surgeon says "Accountants are the best to operate on because when you open them up, everything inside is numbered."

2nd surgeon says "Nope, librarians are the best. Everything inside them is in alphabetical order."

3rd surgeon says "Well you should try electricians. Everything inside them is colour coded."

4th surgeon says "I prefer Tottenham fans. They're heartless, spineless, gutless and their heads and ar*es are interchangeable."
  • Options
    they're all blind to the fact Darren Bent is not a striker who can play up front on his own.

I'd have him back at the drop of an hat
  • Options
    In all this the man who really has to be questioned is their director of football, Comolli, he's made some terrible signings. Whilst we all love Darren Bent, we have to admit that 16m was a ridiculous price! Henry only cost Barca 16m, Crouch and Defoe only cost Pompey 9m each. It's even worse when you consider Spurs had 3 top class strikers already.
    Whilst Keane going was a surprise, it was the worst kept secret in football that Berbatov was going so surely they could've planned ahead. The botched signing of Arshavin was embarrassing for them. Comolli then signed 2 players on deadline day who were cup tied in Europe, Ramos then comes out and says that Pavlyuchenko is too similar to Bent so they can't play together. They had Lennon on the right and played Malbranque on the left last season. So they sell Malbranque on the cheap and buy dos Santos and Bentley who are right sided so they now have no left sided player and 3 right sided players. Ledley King can't play 3 games in a week so that also means chopping and changing. And today i read that if they sack Ramos it'll cost them 15m to pay off his contract! It's all gone very very wrong!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In all this the man who really has to be questioned is their director of football, Comolli, he's made some terrible signings. Whilst we all love Darren Bent, we have to admit that 16m was a ridiculous price! Henry only cost Barca 16m, !

To be fair at the time Benty scored over 35 goals in 2 seasons for a poor team IN the PL. Goalscorers, English at that, like him were at a premium - Henry was over 30 when he left Benty barely 22 - so I think it was a fair price.

Look at Emile Heskey would take him 5 years to get the goals Benty did in 2 season yet he still commanaded £5 mil when he went to Wigan - barely scores for them yet gets back in the England squad. I bet Bent has stil scored more than him when he's not a regular in the Spuds team.

Torres at Liverpool commanaded a massive fee yet he hardly ever got into double figures in goals for A Madrid - but look at him now pLAYING regularly and scoring - ok dodgy comparison granted but going on goal records which is what the fees are normally based on.

Play Benty with someone up front and he will get 15-20 goals a season convinced of it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]In all this the man who really has to be questioned is their director of football, Comolli, he's made some terrible signings. Whilst we all love Darren Bent, we have to admit that 16m was a ridiculous price! Henry only cost Barca 16m, Crouch and Defoe only cost Pompey 9m each. It's even worse when you consider Spurs had 3 top class strikers already.
    Whilst Keane going was a surprise, it was the worst kept secret in football that Berbatov was going so surely they could've planned ahead. The botched signing of Arshavin was embarrassing for them. Comolli then signed 2 players on deadline day who were cup tied in Europe, Ramos then comes out and says that Pavlyuchenko is too similar to Bent so they can't play together. They had Lennon on the right and played Malbranque on the left last season. So they sell Malbranque on the cheap and buy dos Santos and Bentley who are right sided so they now have no left sided player and 3 right sided players. Ledley King can't play 3 games in a week so that also means chopping and changing. And today i read that if they sack Ramos it'll cost them 15m to pay off his contract! It's all gone very very wrong![/quote]

The problem with the way they are playing Bent is that they used him as a target man when he's better running on to the ball/crosses. As a good aplayer as he is winning heading duels with centre-backs who are somewhat taller is never going to be a successful tactic. Plus after gettiung rid of Keane and Berbatov they signed Pavluchenko who is a similar player to Bent, they should have gone for someone to hold the ball up who's skills wil compliment and not duplicate Bent's.
  • Options
    To be fair at the time Benty scored over 35 goals in 2 seasons for a poor team IN the PL. Goalscorers, English at that, like him were at a premium - Henry was over 30 when he left Benty barely 22 - so I think it was a fair price.

Torres at Liverpool commanaded a massive fee yet he hardly ever got into double figures in goals for A Madrid - but look at him now pLAYING regularly and scoring - ok dodgy comparison granted but going on goal records which is what the fees are normally based on.
    [/quote]

what ledge said!