Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Run to the Beat 2009

I see on their site that they've started taking places for next years half marathon...

Anyone interested?

;-)

Comments

• Options
    Start training Medder you lamb!!
  • Options
    Fancy it Gumbo?
  • Options
    To be honest - looking at the various forums both on the RTB site and Runners World, only about 10 people will sign up for next year unless some assurances on organisation etc are given.

That being said, I'm not that bothered, i completed it and helped raise a decent amount for charity which was the main aim.

As for next year - we'll see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]To be honest - looking at the various forums both on the RTB site and Runners World, only about 10 people will sign up for next year unless some assurances on organisation etc are given.

That being said, I'm not that bothered, i completed it and helped raise a decent amount for charity which was the main aim.

As for next year - we'll see.

i would still be tempted as I would hope the organisers will have learnt a lot from yesterday, but £33 is a hell of a lot of cash for an event like that.

in comparison I did a 10k at bluewater earlier in the year and for less than twenty quid got a far better organised event and a freebie t-shirt that retails at about the price £15. All round better value.
  • Options
    Never say never, but having done it once don't see the point, if we are doing something for charity we really should look at something different.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Never say never, but having done it once don't see the point, if we are doing something for charity we really should look at something different.
    A full marathon? ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah seen the complaints but hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes. Getting out of the O2 afterwards was a nightmare but what can we expect when one of the main roundabouts out of there is partially closed? I'd love to know what B&Q, Sainsburys etc thought of it - they must of lost a load of business
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Never say never, but having done it once don't see the point, if we are doing something for charity we really should look at something different.
    A full marathon? ;-)

Remember the looks we were all throwing you Westside when we were waiting to start Sunday when we were freezing & soaked & asking 'Whose fookin idea was this anyway ?'
  • Options
    As said, perhaps we'll look to do something different for our collective effort next year.

Did laugh when we were shivering at the start. Woman saw our mix of motley crewed tattoos, beer bellies etc and said 'who's idea was it' ? We pointed out WSS, and she went 'ahh, the runner' !
  • Options
    I am planning to run the London Marathon in April and have already contacted Demelza to see if I apply for one of their charity places. They only have 5 though so not certain to get one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]I am planning to run the London Marathon in April and have already contacted Demelza to see if I apply for one of their charity places. They only have 5 though so not certain to get one.

good luck to you, I got my london rejection in the post on Saturday. Hoping to get back to fitness and do another marathon around the same time.
  • Options
    Thanks Kigelia. I was disappointed about not getting in through the ballot too but not surprised. If you are looking to do London why not apply to Demelza as well - we could form a small Charlton Life contingent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Low_Ears[/cite]Thanks Kigelia. I was disappointed about not getting in through the ballot too but not surprised. If you are looking to do London why not apply to Demelza as well - we could form a small Charlton Life contingent.

I am not really keen on going down the charity places route. I would hate to commit to raising £1000 plus as well as finding time for the training, especially as everyone I have asked to contribute to the run yesterday would then get a second request prior to the London run.