Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stock market crashing

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
FTSE down 7%, Dow is already 5% down.

Looks like pure carnage out there

Comments

• Options
    Shame all those greedy Rich sods with shares must be gutted. Never mind invest in Gold I say !
  • Options
    I'm glad i'm totally ignorant about all this stuff and just know how much money I have each month, how much I can spend and how much I should save. Think i'd be worrying far too much if not.

Roll on Vegas in 5 weeks to spunk money here there and everywhere. FTSE, schmutsey.
  • Options
    you should all worry as if you have any type of savings outside of bank deposits - personal pension/company pension/endowment/isa (non cash) then you all have a stake in the stock market.

only lucky beggars will be those in final salary pensions - but I expect most of those have closed unless you are a civil servant, local gov or NHS worker.
  • Options
    who was it that always used to advise investing in gold?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]you should all worry as if you have any type of savings outside of bank deposits - personal pension/company pension/endowment/isa (non cash) then you all have a stake in the stock market.

only lucky beggars will be those in final salary pensions - but I expect most of those have closed unless you are a civil servant, local gov or NHS worker.

My missus has a final salary pension.....she was offered a 15% pay rise to get out of it....she declined..
  • Options
    There'll be a rally tomorrow...
  • Options
    we are final salary 3 years ago coca cola put 30 mil into the fund to ensure that we stay that way, however all new employees are the shares one and are not looking to good now than feck most of them will have 15 to 20 years to keep paying in to it

not good for anyone when the stock market goes like this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]who was it that always used to advise investing in gold?

I think it was the bloke who started with one shed and then - having successfully invested in gold - managed to get himself another shed!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]who was it that always used to advise investing in gold?

I think it was the bloke who started with one shed and then - having successfully invested in gold - managed to get himself another shed!

Gold is also having a bad time I believe!
  • Options
    They should've closed the market for a couple of days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Gold is at a near all time high in sterling.Gold will go to £3000 per ounce in two years and you can take that to the bank.The paper price of gold(spot) is of no consequence,You cant hardly get hold of any and they are queing round the block to buy it The premium is $100 at least over spot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alex jones[/cite]Gold is at a near all time high in sterling.Gold will go to £3000 per ounce in two years and you can take that to the bank.The paper price of gold(spot) is of no consequence,You cant hardly get hold of any and they are queing round the block to buy it The premium is $100 at least over spot.
    and so he appears. yawn
  • Options
    that was easy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: alex jones[/cite]Gold is at a near all time high in sterling.Gold will go to £3000 per ounce in two years and you can take that to the bank.The paper price of gold(spot) is of no consequence,You cant hardly get hold of any and they are queing round the block to buy it The premium is $100 at least over spot.
    Wait...

No......

Slowly... Losing............. Will to live......
  • Options
    My jaw is clenched!!
  • Options
    Del Boy. Filofax. Falls through open bar.