Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Everton - Post Match Comments

2»

Comments

• Options
    To avoid relegation we had to win today. Everton were poor without Johnson & Cahill and were there for the taking. We don't have enough time left to start the season all over again; the way Reed is talking we do. There is just not enough quality on the pitch where it matters: in central midfield.

I thought Marcus Bent changed the game when he came on and we changed to 4-4-2. He was the physical presence that we had so obviously been missing earlier in the game. Darren Bent had been so isolated playing 4-5-1 that it was embarrassing for him. I fear that we will get out muscled again at Sheffield Utd, just like we were at Reading. I won't be going; I said after the Reading debacle that I would not do any more away games this season. I can see the bottom 3 slowly getting cut adrift now. Damn!!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hang on a minute Latimer. You tell people to lay off Ambrose because it was his first game starting in a while having just called Traore a donkey. Isn't that a touch hypocritical?
  • Options
    Just seen Kak boys two footed lunge on Football First.

Total CLOWN!!!!!!
  • Options
    i am far from a fan of Borat - i think he is a definite liability & Curbs was right to get shot of him last season - i hate it when he gets the ball at free kicks, he scored one great goal donkey's ago & every effort since has been cringeworthy - he wastes a good third of free kicks we get in the opposition half

good defenders do not need to be throwing themselves into spectacular last ditch tackles every few minutes, positional sense & reading of the game is what it's all about at this level

Borat tries hard undoubtedly, but for all those risky fancy flicks & stepovers - he is not up to it in my book
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just seen Kak boys two footed lunge on Football First.

Total CLOWN!!!!!!

And your telling me Sorondo never lunged in, and he always looked like he was going to get a yellow card.

Personally thought El k played really well against Everton.

Lastly about the free kicks whenver i see Reid take 'em nothing ever comes of it.

May as well let El k have a punt as we have all seen what can happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Hang on a minute Latimer. You tell people to lay off Ambrose because it was his first game starting in a while having just called Traore a donkey. Isn't that a touch hypocritical?

He was quoting me there fella. A touch hypocritical actually yeah...Still playing out of position mind. He's best suited in the middle of the park behind the front line. Definately not a winger.
  • Options
    Bexleyheath Red: I've posted twice on this thread that I basically don't rate El Kak - that's just my view - but both times you've come back with "your telling me Sornondo .....blah blah blah".
    Actually I've not mentioned Sorondo once - so no, I'm not telling you anything about Sorondo or whether he would be better or worse. I just don't see your point. Like you, I've barely seen Sorondo in the 18 months he's been with the club - which is a bit of a joke in itself - so I'm certainly not advocating that he's any better. My view is that El Kak is a liability - even though he wasn't too bad yesterday. OK? All clear now?

Polo: Gotcha - just saw your earlier comments.
    Latimer: Apologies - didn't realise you were quoting the man with the hole!
  • Options
    I thought Ambrose did OK when he came into the middle and was almost playing alongside Bent D. A few good touches and headers that nearly got Bent D. in on goal. Otherwise not great out wide.

I thought we looked stronger with HH and TEK and Traore was an improvement. Young was given the run around by McFadden and didn't have a great match. I agree that TEK dives in and with the ref's guidance he is always likely to get booked or sent off.

Holland was good in the second half. Going 442 made a difference but why did it take so long to get Bent M. on. other than the harrying for the goal and don't think he was great but he was a prescence and allow Bent. D to run off him and get more space.

If only Romm could shoot straight!

Reid took his goal well and did some nice stuff trying to move the ball forward. Faye did well considering he was the only one putting his foot in the the first 60 minutes. Zheng in for Holland perhaps.

Some positive things.

1. We came from behind (oh missis)

2. We actually took the game to Everton and put them under pressure in the last 10 rather than allowing them to close the game out.

3. When the team looked up for it so were the crowd.

4. we've still never lost since the Valley flags are up
  • Options
    I'm with Off it/On it and Oakster re El Kark, he delivered a fantastic block yesterday but his overall game leaves me very nervous. All he needs to do is stay on his feet and not launch himself often into two footed into reckless challenges deep in our half nor give away petty fouls around the box. He brings too much pressure upon the defence which for me is energy and confidence sapping for those around him. We need a steadying influence in the centre of the back four
  • Options
    we do seem to have to find a new scapegoat after every performance. Now Hughes is out the side, its Borat's turn.

I don't think he is a brilliant centre half, but he is a decent foil for a big centre half, and is currently the best we have for that position at the moment. I certainly can't fault his committment, which is something to me at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we do seem to have to find a new scapegoat after every performance. Now Hughes is out the side, its Borat's turn.

I don't think he is a brilliant centre half, but he is a decent foil for a big centre half, and is currently the best we have for that position at the moment. I certainly can't fault his committment, which is something to me at the moment.

I echo that, he is doing okay although I am worried by the two footed tackles :-o