Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Going to Rothko seminar at the Tate tonight....

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
What will i learn?

Comments

• Options
    dunno , but please let us know ASAP. ;-)
  • Options
    Every one has to ride a cycle and he dont like rangers.
  • Options
    That even MFI have caught up with him on how to use colour to affect moods and yet are not held with such reverence ;-)
  • Options
    Expect to see one of those Modern bits of art with a manakin riding a Bicycle with a manbag over his shoulder going through a red light flicking a v sign at a motorist.
  • Options
    I went to see the Francis Bacon exhibition at Tate Britain on my way back home on Monday.

Good painterly stylee, good brush marks ;o)

But Jeez, his subject material ........ cross between his deepest nightmare and a butchers shop.
    I suppose you have to be f*cked up in the head to be a successful artist......?
  • Options
    That he hated Andy Warhol (a fact I found out the other day).

That he hasn't had a drink in years. Oh, hold on...
  • Options
    It's a fantastic exhibition of his work. Make sure you take time to sit and look at some of the paintings......magical experience!

Oggy - I know what you mean about Francis Bacon and this exhibition but then again I much prefer that than the still life of bowls of fruit and a bottle of wine on a table..!
  • Options
    Solid ...... I just wrote a post in reply, previewed it and then tested the link to see if it was working, and ..... lost the post! Goes to show modern technology is just not Oggy-proof! ;o)

[cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]
    Oggy - I know what you mean about Francis Bacon and this exhibition but then again I much prefer that than the still life of bowls of fruit and a bottle of wine on a table..!

I used to feel the same way about still life, until a few years ago my ex-girlfriend professional artist person said I didn't know what I was talking about .......so we went off to the Tate Modern together to see the Giorgio Morandi exhibition:

http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/morandi.htm

His use of tone and subtle capture of light really is something else - apparently he's a bit of an artist's artist and the inspiration for many successful painters , even those who never produce figurative work.

Or those who don't like jugs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Or those who don't like jugs.

There's a few of them on the "would ya" thread:-)
  • Options
    Its aload of Pollocks to me..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]It's a fantastic exhibition of his work. Make sure you take time to sit and look at some of the paintings......magical experience!

Went to the Rothko on Sunday. Very good to see all/most of the Seagram works in once place. Just reminded me that you have to see them in the flesh and life size.

Was a bit too crowded to study them properly but still impressive.