Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was it just me or

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
did the East Stand make some noise today?

Comments

• Options
    I even think the West was at one point!!!
  • Options
    the east started a couple of red armies, but its painful to listen to. They're joining in because they feel they have to, but you can tell they really don't want to be doing it !!

They looked so much more comfortable when the north was singing and they could revert to clapping along in time !
  • Options
    To be honest AFKA- it might feel like that when/if you are up with the north upper noise makers- but when you are in the lower north and trying to get things going- you're grateful for all the help you can get!!!
  • Options
    believe me, there's not too many noise makers in the upper north left....
  • Options
    we try !!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]the east started a couple of red armies, but its painful to listen to. They're joining in because they feel they have to, but you can tell they really don't want to be doing it !!

They looked so much more comfortable when the north was singing and they could revert to clapping along in time !

This really pisses me off - people who clap along and don't sing. I find that I'm singing, not clapping, and that 50 people are just clapping to my singing. Sometimes I finish with a sore throat but do they have sore hands? No. I'd like someone on here to admit to being a 'clapper' and explain it to me. I'd rather you do nothing sometimes.
  • Options
    JimmyM - ... and I thought it was only me who sings in the East Stand but agree with you about the happy clappers sitting in front of me. Its like they are embarrassed to make a vocal noise....very weird indeed.
  • Options
    Absolutely. We're too much of a family club sometimes. I see young children looking at me and tapping the shoulders of their parents to ask 'why's the funny man shouting daddy?' The worst thing is I think they reply ' I don't know, he's silly isn't he - just clap along to the funny man and don't look at him son'

I honestly believe that notwithstanding the revenue these people bring to the club that we'd be better off without them. Thousands of people making no noise is worse than no people at all. (No noise is what you get if clapping with winter gloves on). Think about it - what would you rather if you were playing?

I like your term 'happy clappers.' We could coin a phrase: 'happy clapping' Shall I get them on my digital camera and upload it onto UTube? I could call it 'bottom level support for a bottom club'
  • Options
    Thats it.....shame them into singing by publishing their mushes!
  • Options
    "notwithstanding the revenue these people bring to the club that we'd be better off without them"

That's the most ridiculous thing i've read on here. If someone doesn;t want to sing then you can't make them. If everyone who doesn't sing didn't come anymore we'd be getting crowds of about 2,000. Is that what you want?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"notwithstanding the revenue these people bring to the club that we'd be better off without them"

That's the most ridiculous thing i've read on here. If someone doesn;t want to sing then you can't make them. If everyone who doesn't sing didn't come anymore we'd be getting crowds of about 2,000. Is that what you want?

Your are so right Off_it. I was going to say the same thing. How absurd can you be. There is no rule that says you have to sing if you don't want to. Let everybody support the club in their own way.
  • Options
    Off it and R/Pete - of course your right - all are welcome to support the Addicks in whichever way they want to. I suppose its just an observation that baffles some supporters.
  • Options
    [If everyone who doesn't sing didn't come anymore we'd be getting crowds of about 2,000. Is that what you want?[/quote]

No, that's not what I want at all. After all, the mural behind the Clock End at Highbury looked better than nobody at all. What I'm saying is that that's often what 90% of people in the East and West stands equate to - a mural. I'm talking about volume. If we had the 2,000 (and I'd say it's more) singers coming and the others stayed at home but paid for season tickets would it be better or worse? Worse aesthetically yes but for the atmosphere I'm not sure (especially when the groaning starts as it's sure to soon).
  • Options
    get the football right and worry about the details later.
  • Options
    if you had only 2000 hardcore fans in the valley standing right next to each other then the atmosphere would be better
  • Options
    Oh come on Jimmy M! I'm not wanting to start a row but saying "If we had the 2,000 (and I'd say it's more) singers coming and the others stayed at home but paid for season tickets would it be better or worse? " is just ridiculous.

Who's going to pay for a season ticket and stay at home every game. OK, playing along with your theory for a while, the point about a big crows is that noise gets made whenever something happens, be it a goal, a chance, a sending off, etc.

2,000 singers at a game is only going to sound like 2,000 at best. 25,000 with 2,000 singing sounds like 2,000 for large chunks of the time but 25,000 whenever something happens. You get me.

As I said before, it's a bleedin ridiculous argument you're puting across anyway. My old man is in his 60's now and never sings. Doesn't mean he's any less of a fan than you or I and therefore somehow shouldn't be allowed to come anymore - in fact he's probably more of a fan then the two of us combined given the amount of games he has been to over the years.
  • Options
    "You get me." LOL!
  • Options
    You're missing my point 'Off It'
    I don't really want only 2,000 to turn up; I agree that's ridiculous. And at no point did I suggest that people shouldn't be allowed to come.
    I'm just trying to illustrate how many people don't sing and just sit there even clapping along to other people's singing. That to me is also ridiculous.
    It's also ridiculous that these people ask me to be quiet!
    Arsenal's mural was also ridiculous.
    Some things are ridiculous but they exist and need to be pointed out.