Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

mfi

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Have today called in the recievers, yet they are still trading how is that allowed?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Have today called in the recievers, yet they are still trading how is that allowed?

In simple terms the role of the receiver is to assess the business and see firstly whether it is basically solvent but suffering short term difficulty in which case it may be able to trade out of trouble. Secondly it might be that the business is insolvent in which case the receiver will recommend both that the company stops trading and also the appointment of a liquidator who will wind the business up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Have today called in the recievers, yet they are still trading how is that allowed?

I heard they were being taken over by Tesco....I'm not surprised, cos I bought a frozen chicken in Tescos last week and the leg fell off!
  • Options
    "I'm here all week..."
  • Options
    Thanks for that Len, but would you gamble on something being delivered and pay cash up front? not that I intend too, I'm trying to understand how the system works.
  • Options
    MFI

Mother F*ckin Insult

Don't buy anything from there it will be shit and break
  • Options
    Heard a whisper today they will be gone very very soon, only escaped last week at the 11th hour - do not order
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Thanks for that Len, but would you gamble on something being delivered and pay cash up front? not that I intend too, I'm trying to understand how the system works.

Agreed the theory and the practice are very different!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Heard a whisper today they will be gone very very soon, only escaped last week at the 11th hour - do not order

I am waiting on a delivery that is 3 weeks away. I wonder if can cancel
  • Options
    Not surprised at all. The bloody pain I had getting my kitchen finally delivered last year made me refuse to ever go in their store again.

Good ridance I say. Shit service.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

I heard they were being taken over by Tesco....I'm not surprised, cos I bought a frozen chicken in Tescos last week and the leg fell off!
    lol :-))
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    always loved the way when you put one of their things togetherit says " locate wooden dowl in hole" then over the page it tells you " do not drive dowl in more than 5 mm " its then you turn the item voer to find you have now smashed it through the front of thepeice of furniture !!