Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

All these pubs

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Real shame the way things are going,Horse & Groom,the Mitre the Valley and others.Give it another 5 years and we will have no pubs to drink at near the ground.
What pub next to shut folks with out stating the obvious?

Comments

• Options
    White Horse, on the lower road at Charlton/Woolwich.
  • Options
    has that gone as well TCE?
  • Options
    No mate, but having run past it several times on weekday evenings preparing for last sunday, its seems very very quiet, I could see being next :-(
  • Options
    Me & my missus are looking at geeting in to the pub game albeit not in the Charlton.The rent that some of these landlords charge amounts to extortion & I don't know how you could ever earn a wage from it. Obviously the reason that there are so many pub closures in places like Charlton is the influx of immigrants who don't embrace our pub culture. A sorry state of affairs but a reflection of modern Britain. Same reason why Walthamstow dog track closed down.
  • Options
    The high rents are probably down to redevelopment value unfortunately.
    Knock 'em down, build a block of flats.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]White Horse, on the lower road at Charlton/Woolwich.[/quote]

Spot on Bitter now dicontinued nowhere near as busy as it used to be.
    Also the Albion along teh lower road used to go in there at least a dozen or so in there last time i went in it was just me and ginge