Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £1 shops are they worth a visit.

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Never been myself but some people swear by them and say they get some great bargains.

Anyone bought anything worth a mention.

Comments

• Options
    It's funny.. we were talking about £1 stores at work today. They're alright for general household stuff; soap, shampoo, bubblebath.. that sort of thing.
  • Options
    I find they are only good if you dont want to spend more than £1....................here to help
  • Options
    Seriously, they are not bad for some basic stuff, some good bargains on food in the 99p store in Dartford, on crisps, drinks, biscuits etc when I'm passing (which is not often)

Did get a shed load of xmas decs for the office there last year, absolute bargain, and if they get ruined you dont really care.
  • Options
    Useful, handy, have their place but when they take over an area it really does turn it sh1te

Anyone been to Eltham recently?
  • Options
    Although i wouldn't class it as a £1 shop, Alans Homecare in Welling near the Wimpy always sold cheap tat and that's been there for about 20 years, so some people must be getting bargains.
  • Options
    i paid £1 for a tool kit consisting of a plastic hammer a plastic scredriver a set of plastic screws and a plastic drill----I think it was designed for kids but i couldn't work it out!
  • Options
    Good for bulk buying lighters or like DA9 says cheap Xmas decorations. I don't believe that any of the branded stuff that they sell at knock down prices is Kosher though.
  • Options
    TEA TOWELS