Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What a great football related job!!

Was speaking to some guy in my local last night. Got chatting about football as you do and I reckon he has one of the best jobs in football!

The guy worked as a drug tester for all the clubs in the South of England. The story goes that he gets paid £25 an hour from the moment he leaves his house to the moment he leaves head office. On average, depending where the club are situated he works an 8/9 hour day. The company pay for petrol, use of car and the only outgoing he has is lunch (which he gets free normally by the canteen staff).
He gets assigned a club to go and test at. Pulls up at the clubs training ground, shows the pass to security and in he goes. All the squads name is put into a hat and a member of the clubs staff picks out 3 random names e.g Weaver, Gray and Youga. He then has to overwatch them take a urine sample (not in to much detail) and some other basic tests. He repeats the same process after 2 hours on the training pitch and takes his sampes back to head office where they are tested. The clubs have no idea of when a tester will turn up. Could turn up to the same club 5 days in a row or once a month. He says that 'if' he was a dodgey tester and fancied abit of extra cash he knows of people that give the club a heads up. He reckons hes known of one or two people in the past like this but its pretty rare.
I remember Rio didn't turn up for a test and had that huge ban for it. He reckons he was tipped off.

Not a bad job though for 50,000 + a year is it! I said when he does Charlton to give me abit of inside gossip!

Comments