Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Booing of Cashley Cole Tonight

Despite the gaff, I thought the booing was totally out of order. No wonder the team is jittery at home.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. Still found it a bit funny though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Agreed. Still found it a bit funny though.

agreed, can't stand the guy though
  • Options
    It was bang out of order, I had a stand up row with someone about it, the booing turned to clapping within 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]Agreed. Still found it a bit funny though.

It's not the point. He make a mistake, one that any player is capable of. It really shows the level of some supporters and how sad they must be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]He make a mistake, one that any player is capable of. It really shows the level of some supporters and how sad they must be.

There's a lot of it about, both at club and coutry level. I put it down to 2 things: 1. That tickets are so expensive, people feel cheated if players don't life up to hyperinflated expectations. 2. A general level of nastyness in society in general and on tv in particular. There's hardly a programme on the box that doesn't involve some form of "voting off" and it's nearly always don in a negative fashion. It's sad to see that people like Simon Cowell, Alan Sugar and Gordon Ramsay can basically build a very niced careers out of being nasty to people. Their spiteful manner has been picked up by a generation who think its ok to say anything in public to anyone.
  • Options
    It was a quality ball though, none of the Kazak players could split the two centre halves like that!

He's a prize wanker but the booing was not really what the doctor ordered.
  • Options
    Booing at anyone, anywhere other than at a Pantomime is just pathetic. It really works doesn't it? Defoe is just never himself against us is he? And Parker too, never scored one of his trademark screamers against us at the Valley has he?
    How can adults boo? Be a man and just call them a ****!
  • Options
    The whole thing sums up the ‘newer’ fan. Terrible error by a player which cost us a goal. Slag him off as he does it and during when the opposition are celebrating is fine, but don’t start booing one of own players every time he touches it thereafter. Absolutely pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]Absolutely pathetic.

Sums it up for me.
  • Options
    and the classic thing about small club supporters expecting to be entertained is getting truer and truer, now we're back at Wembley, they come for a day out, expect to see a top 4 Premiership performance, and get the arsehole if it doesn't happen in the first 15 minutes.

Bit like being at a Charlton home game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the classic thing about small club supporters expecting to be entertained is getting truer and truer, now we're back at Wembley, they come for a day out, expect to see a top 4 Premiership performance, and get the arsehole if it doesn't happen in the first 15 minutes.

True enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

It's not the point. He make a mistake, one that any player is capable of. It really shows the level of some supporters and how sad they must be.

Err my point was that I agreed that he shou;d not have been booed and then I added that I can't stand him not sure whats wrong with that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Err my point was that I agreed that he shou;d not have been booed and then I added that I can't stand him not sure whats wrong with that

Yeah apologies, my anger at the booing got the better of me.
  • Options
    I've got no time for him as a "professional" or a bloke but from what I've read and heard of what went on yesterday at Wembley it's absolutely pathetic... by all means groan at a shocking mistake but what the hell are at least a few thousand people booing his every touch for... I wonder how many of those will be in Belarus on Wednesday... i'd plump for a big fat 0
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the classic thing about small club supporters expecting to be entertained is getting truer and truer, now we're back at Wembley, they come for a day out, expect to see a top 4 Premiership performance, and get the arsehole if it doesn't happen in the first 15 minutes.

You could not be further from the truth if you tried mate. These (Boo Boys) are not small club supporters, in fact small club supporters from places like Hull and Stoke, now ironically in the Prem have been the mainstay of Englands support for years, not just those clubs but plenty of other less fashionable ones too.
    The Boos come from the middle classes=FACT!
  • Options
    Well I was sat among a load of northern monkeys who were doing the booing tonight, guys with Rochdale and Huddersfield shirts on.
  • Options
    Not defending it, but how much of the booing was actually down to the mistake? Or were people just looking for him to slip up in order to voice their opinions over the whole "Cashley" episode? I dunno.

Tell you what though. Funny how they ALL seemed to be singing the National Anthem today. I remember a year or two back where that was definitely NOT the "fashion"!
  • Options
    Do you think it would have been the same if Ferdinand or Terry (I know he wasn't playing) had made the same kind of Gaffe? Ashley Cole set himself up for this when he went through his wage dispute with Arsenal and subsequent transfer to Chelsea.

As Kap10 alluded, don't neccessarily agree with the booing. I think Ashley is reaping what he's previously sown.
  • Options
    I take it plenty of Charlton went then

Idiots sums up morden day football
  • Options
    It was rio that pointed for the pass! Therefore not even 100% cashly's fault!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it certainly wasn't the bookmakers booing.
    Imagine the large amount of supporters who had bet on the correct score, with the hosts beating the borats to nil.
    If i had backed 4/5/6 - 0, i wouldn't have been overly impressed with that fuckwit for putting the ball where he did.
    A case of overconfidence/cockyness. Hopefully a lesson learn't for the whole team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]The Boos come from the middle classes=FACT!

Of course, the middle classes are responsible for everything bad. FACT!
  • Options
    i think the booing was anger that at that moment in the game we looked shite. And that our 80-100k a week superstars just dropped a bollock against a load of part timers! that and the fact that the bloke is a lamb. i personally wouldnt be booing.but theres like 80k fans there. expect some ffs! It didnt ham the scoreline as we were only winning 2-1 at the time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    The Boos come from the middle classes=FACT!

Classic
  • Options
    i thought it hilarious!!

"oh no i nearly crashed my car when my agent rang me and told me arsenal had only offered me 45,000 (or 50,000 im not sure) a week and i was so angry i was shaking with anger that they were taking the piss out of me"

one of the finest pieces of literature i've ever read.

ok sorry he shouldnt have been booed while wearing the three lions but please but what a fekking nob jockey and he's always going to get booed by Arsenal fans... bit like spurs fans with Sol but oh thats a different thread.
  • Options
    We were a bit puzzled by the booing but he deserves everything he gets. Grade A wanker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]We were a bit puzzled by the booing but he deserves everything he gets. Grade A wanker.

I'm perfectly happy to agree he's a prize prick, I just can't understand why fans of England think it helps booing him or the team.
  • Options
    The Booing of Cole was pathetic, but if they had not have lifted their game collectively for the last 30 minutes I would have happily booed them all of at the end, the first 60 minutes was shocking from a Million pound a week in wages team.
  • Options
    ooooooooooooooooooooo f**k me some one boos and they are sub normal do f**K off .

didnt see game or goals, but when another A1 wa**er Fredinhand says the booing of was pathetic thats when id start to bo.

Cole is a prize prick like Lampard and Ferdinand.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]The Booing of Cole was pathetic, but if they had not have lifted their game collectively for the last 30 minutes I would have happily booed them all of at the end, the first 60 minutes was shocking from a Million pound a week in wages team.

Does it not occur to you that the continuous under-performance of the team, especially at home may have something to do with the weight of expectation, and the tension amongst the fans which manisfests itself in disapproval against the players? Lampard was an earlier example of this.

Whilst we can all understand why people might give players or the team the bird, its just counter-productive imho.