Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Monday morning views

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Newcastle got a win which doesn't help.

Having had a day or so to reflect, are people feeling more optimistic now, or more concerned ?

Comments

• nope, there is a gap starting to open up just a bit....a defeat next week and I'm afraid it could be curtains.
  • Massive game Saturday....MASSIVE !! Could be the turning point ??
  • we've been saying massive game since Fulham, but this is the real biggy. The negative impact from a defeat could be catastrophic.
  • Sheff United is a must win!Give us the lift we need!
  • Sheff Utd are a big physical side and I don't think we've got enough to match them. We need to win two or three on the bounce and I can't see that happening in the near future. I've been pretty optimistic up 'til now but the gap has started to appear. My optimism is rapidly turning into pessisism.
  • A win now doesn't get us out of the relegation zone..... I'm still optimistic of us getting out but we need the 3 points from Sheffield very badly
  • hopefully Diawara will be back, Faye and Traore will have benefitted from the extra game. It will be tough and physical, and we need to go there willing to match that.
  • We need 4 points from Sheffield Utd and Blackburn. Saturday is a mustn't lose game. Can't see a way out otherwise.
  • massive game, tuesday's sheff u and watford match will certainly be one to watch as well. a defeat saturday will knock the optimism out of the most positive of us and i do fear the physical battle away from home could be our undoing.
  • christ, didn't realise they were playing each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes that could add to our worries big time!
  • Hoping for a 0-0 draw for the Sheffield watford game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Sheff Utd are a big physical side and I don't think we've got enough to match them. We need to win two or three on the bounce and I can't see that happening in the near future. I've been pretty optimistic up 'til now but the gap has started to appear. My optimism is rapidly turning into pessisism.

Yeah the gap is gettin bigger, pompey did us no favours yesterday by losing to jewdees, and that just implemented for me the importance of the Sheff U game, which of course we will not win or draw. So my conclusion is that we are foooked.
  • No away wins in 12 months does not inspire confidence in the team getting much next weekend. I am now of the opinion that we may well have a bit more of a go this season but think we are doomed to fail. Tragic really, we are just not good enough & that really hurts to say that.
  • Got my ticket for Sheffiled United. If we don't beat them on Saturday they i don't think we deserve to stay up to be honest.

The last 30mins on Saturday should give everyone some confidence, a decent vocal support from our lot up at Bramall Lane and an extra week with Leslie should all equal 3 points.

Follow that up with an electric atmosphere at The Valley for a night game against Blackburn and another 3 points.

15 points and potentially above teams like Blackburn.

CTID
  • Still feeling positive but we have got to start a short winning run very soon. If we could get a point at Sheff Utd, beat Blackburn and Liverpool at home plus a point away at Spurs then things would be improving and we might not be bottom at Xmas. If we can continue to improve over the next 3 weeks and start to get some results.

The realist in me says loose to Shef Utd, draw with Blackburn and loose unluckily to Liverpool and it really would be pretty much all over.
  • fair assessment Pickwick.

I personally think we have to stop thinking about individual games as 'must win' think we are putting too much pressure on.

We simply have to attack the next two league games thinking that we have to get 4 points from them.
  • The thing is while we are 4-6 points away from 17th then we will always be split between those who think we can put the revival together and not, as it goes into January all is still not lost, often a club falls like a stone from midtable, its just the not's will slowly increase and the Valley atmosphere may deterioate (sic).

It just gets more and more feel like clutching at straws. At least I am still interested!!
  • and me, won't give up till its too late, but the fact remains we need wins fast, more for confidence than anything else. We can also concentrate too much on Watford and Sheff U, without realising the rest are pulling away from us.

Where do we realistically need to be points wise following Arsenal away at the beginning of Jan ?
  • 19 points i'm hoping for but i think we'll have 16/17

Blackburn, Fulham, Sheffield United maximum points

1 point from either Liverpool or Tottenham