Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

On-line check-in at Stanstead

Anyone done this, and what sort of time do you need to get there if you have checked in online with no luggage?

Comments

• yes i've done it recently...

it's honestly up to you how much time you want for a snack, pick up a paper etc.

you just walk in the airport, straight to the passport control and scanner bit, takes about 10 mins to get through there on an average day, then you're in the terminal within 15mins from all gates.
  • however long you think it takes to get through security.
  • thanks guys.

6.10am flight so every minute counts otherwise not worth going to bed-

i'm reckoning arriving at the terminal at 5am...?
  • If you're flying Ryanair - remember that the web check-in automatically means you've got priority boarding.
  • i never go to bed if flying that early Stanmore, i would just never get up again!

arriving at 5am would be plenty of time to get there and have a snack etc.
  • Did it for a work trip to Glasgee last week - rocked up 25 minutes before departure. Awesome.
  • i am going to do the same for Berlin 19 November.
    for the England game.

Heathrow flight at 7am so gonna do it day before then I can get to Heathrow about 630am bloody good idea.
  • I have a night in Weeze airport for that one Ledge... count yourself lucky lol
  • LOL - Might see you out there fella - there will be about 10 of us going -
  • Stupid question but I have never done it so bear with me!

What does "check in online" actually mean and what information do you have to disclose online given that, presumably, you still have to navigate security and passport control?
  • Sponsored links:

• You basically print your own boarding card A4 sheet at the time of booking Len, the only thing you are bypassing is the check-in desk, straight to baggage control etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]LOL - Might see you out there fella - there will be about 10 of us going -

I may indeed mate, that overnight in Weeze is going to be savage - there's a bar down the road that's going to do an all night lock-in for england fans with breakfast!

You straight to Berlin? I can't fly that from down here...
  • Just check that there is not a minimum time that you have to be there before departure, i use on line check in for FGlybe and you have to be there a minimum 30 mins before departure time.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]LOL - Might see you out there fella - there will be about 10 of us going -

I may indeed mate, that overnight in Weeze is going to be savage - there's a bar down the road that's going to do an all night lock-in for england fans with breakfast!

You straight to Berlin? I can't fly that from down here...

Yeah straight to Tegel.