Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Reid

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Well, what can one say.

I was extremely lucky enough, with my best friend, to present Reid with his man of the match champers on Saturday after the game.

What a thoroughly all round nice guy!

He was still grinning from ear to ear after the goal!

Couldn't help but feel we became part of a little bit of CAFC history.

& I've seen more fat on a cold chip! he's tiny bless him. Just goes to show the cameras put pounds on you...............thats my TV career forgotten about I can tell you! Leave that one to Curb_it ;-)

Comments

• He does seem a decent lad, but i'm slightly concerned that we are putting too much hope / emphasis on one guy, one that has a dubious injury / fitness level to say the least.

He will either go on to be a massive hit or a frustrating disappointment for us. I'm suer if we play the same formation next week, Warnock will have one of his cloggers snuff him out the game.

Did the goal remind anyone of Walshie's one on the return ??
  • DJ-C3PO and Andy Reid were seperated at birth. FACT!!
  • i was looking at his calves on saturday... they are huge!! i think its just his frame. just read the mirror article about him today banging on about his weight.

bless him - did you get a kiss?
  • He will either go on to be a massive hit...

This I hope...he had aseason and a half of playing occasionally at Spurs while perhaps his confiance was knocked a bit. Before that at Forest he was considered a great player in the making. As AFKA says we have to be wary of expecting too much too soon, and he's playing in an influential position where he'll see a lot of possession. We need to give him time to develop an understanding with his other midfielders, perhaps the problem has been that every game he's had a different midfield and different strikers, sometimes we've played three in midfield, occasionally, four and even five. Thinking about it...Faye, Thomas, Romm, Kish, Pouso, Hughes, Holland have played in midfield at some point this season. A settled three/four other will see him shine provided we can get the right four players.
  • edited November 2006
    Scoring for Ireland and us.... This should do his confidence no end of good!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i was looking at his calves on saturday... they are huge!! i think its just his frame. just read the mirror article about him today banging on about his weight.

bless him - did you get a kiss?

you betcha ;-)
  • He's fat, he's round
    He'll save us from going down
    Andy Reid...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]He's fat, he's round
    He'll save us from going down
    Andy Reid...

Good one BFR.. Could see this catching on.
  • Like it, doesn't need the 'from' though.
  • what you think the whol ground singing to him he's fat will inspire him? or is only women who are tetchy about their weight.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Like it, doesn't need the 'from' though.

...and change the "save" to "stop"..

He's fat, he's round
    He'll stop us going down
    Andy Reid, Andy Reid...
  • "we all agree...Andy is better than Puskas"
  • He's short,
    And rounder
    He loves a quarter pounder
    Andy Reid, Andy Reid.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]He's short,
    And rounder
    He loves a quarter pounder