Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surely the best tree/cricket ground. Latest Cricket scores; 2009/2010.

Comments

• 500-5.

Lead of 114.
  • 509-5,

Stumps.
  • good stuff, come on Kent!

Thanks for the updates, chaps.
  • 532-5.
    Will probably bat til 12 then bowl them out.
  • What will we leave them to get mog? Baring in mind that run chase the other week can't remeber which county it was got 3 or 4 ton didn't they on the last day.
  • The thing is we can bat again if needed...............

560-5

174 lead.

86 overs remaining.

Listening on BBCLondon94.9Sport website.
  • Kemp 152 Not out.

565-5.
  • Treddies 50 up.

583-5.

100 partnership.

197 in lead
  • We've been on fire of late.. can't wait for durham.
  • 600-5

Treds 55 no
    Kemp 172 no.

214 lead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I ask why Kent diodn't declare overnight?
  • I reckon they will declare when a wicket falls.
  • I think they thought that a 116 lead wouldn't have been enough to "defend".
    If Slurrey went past that target, every ball bowled would be 1 less for us to score off.
    Give them a target they "can't" reach and we have the ball in our hands for the rest of the match.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Can I ask why Kent diodn't declare overnight?

Rather like the Aussies in the test Kent want to put the Surrey batsmen under pressure and post a lead that is difficult to get past in the remaining time but sufficiently large that if Surrey get bowled out they lose.

In my humble opinion anyway!
  • Treddie Caught on the boundry for 60

619-6

Kemp 183no
    Macca 3no

233 lead.
  • But surely it works the other way and if Kent had a smaller lead the Surrey batsmen would think it was atainable and play as defensive as they surely will do when Kent put them in from this position, I know I'm not the greatest cricket tactician in the world but there seems no other result than a draw and even more so after batting this morning
  • Kent declare on 620-7

Kemp last wicket 183.

Slurrey need 234 to make Kent bat again,
    72 Overs left in the day.
  • Parnell out injured,
    Khan to bowl 1st over.
    25 mins to lunch.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]But surely it works the other way and if Kent had a smaller lead the Surrey batsmen would think it was atainable and play as defensive as they surely will do when Kent put them in from this position, I know I'm not the greatest cricket tactician in the world but there seems no other result than a draw and even more so after batting this morning

We've lost time because of rain so a draw is the most probable result in any event.

However, given the shortage of time it is unlikely that Kent can both bowl Surrey out and chase a target of 150 ish which would be the most likely scenario had they declared last night.

This way (weather permitting) they have two and a little bit sessions and runs to play with to set an aggressive field and attempt to bowl Surrey out.

Having seen that Parnell is injured though, according to MOG, that task will indeed be difficult.
  • 17-0 off 5 overs.

Northeast scored 107 on his England U19 debut.
    Think he could cover when Joeboy steps up to replace Cook in the England team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jones has dropped one !!

Slurrey 37-0

59 overs left.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Can I ask why Kent diodn't declare overnight?[/quote]

Because it's better to score quickly against an old ball, with batsmen who have their eye in and against bowlers who are knackered.

This way Surrey are chasing the game and Kent can set an attacking field with no fear that Surrey could win.
  • Surrey 48-2

Ramps & Benning gone,
    Both C.Key B.Tredwell.
  • Wrong to carry on this morning. They should of been put in. There was no way we could lose with another innings to play and we have given them a help by reducing the time to bowl them out. If they knew they had to survive a full day it would of been a harder task psychologically. Be surprised if we win now tbh.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Surrey 48-2

Ramps & Benning gone,
    Both C.Key B.Tredwell.

Could be turning then.

Didn't the Vanman get a fivefor at The oval last year?
  • Yep & a century..............
  • 103-3 at tea.

Shaping up for a draw.
  • 105-3,
    minimum off 29 overs left.
  • 149-3

even Fat Bob's had a bowl!