Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Oasis Album

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Its fecking good

Anyone else like it ?

Comments

• Options
    Pretty decent it's better than the last one.
  • Options
    aint got it yet have herd the new song out tho, sounds like theve gone back to there a roots abit? a bit more rougher and harder sound??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curbey[/cite]Pretty decent it's better than the last one.

Loved the last one, so can't wait to hear the new one Curby.
  • Options
    Oasis are the new Status Quo.

Paul Morley described the new album as something stuck between Slade and ELO!
  • Options
    cant say i was that impressed with my first listen...
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with either Chirps...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Nothing wrong with either Chirps...

Indeed, I love both bands. I think the point is that they are not producing anything modern or original.
  • Options
    DBTT i liked it the first couple of times i listened to it but it value depreciated quicker than icelands banks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Indeed, I love both bands. I think the point is that they are not producing anything modern or original.

Watched 'The Orchestra' the other night at the Orchard. Was a little nervous about going becuase I'm an ELO fan, but it was a chuffing excellent evening. Guided by Clark's arrangements, Groucutt was bang on vocally and Kaminski is still a legend on the fiddle.
  • Options
    didnt like it at first listen but love it now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]

Watched 'The Orchestra' the other night at the Orchard. Was a little nervous about going becuase I'm an ELO fan, but it was a chuffing excellent evening. Guided by Clark's arrangements, Groucutt was bang on vocally and Kaminski is still a legend on the fiddle.

Wow! Didn't even know there were about? Bev on drums?
    One day they'll get back, all of them, Lynne, Wood, McDowell, Gaye....They always do!
  • Options
    Listened to it a few times and think it's a bit dull TBH.
  • Options
    It doesn't start off too well IMO but gets better towards the end, the last 3 tracks are very good. Definitely better than DBTT, I'd rank it just behind Definitely Maybe and WTSMG.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]

Wow! Didn't even know there were about? Bev on drums?
    One day they'll get back, all of them, Lynne, Wood, McDowell, Gaye....They always do!

Unfortunately Bev packed in in 2000 and sold his rights to the ELO name to Jeff Lynne. It's why they go by the name of 'The Orchestra' instead of ELO2. Tandy and Lynne are still mates and they did the Zoom project, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge between the rest expecially Groucutt who sued Lynne for lost royalties, so as much as a full reunion would be an absolute money spinner for all of them, I can't see it happening any time soon.

But we live in hope!!!
  • Options
    Gave it three listens on Saturday and thought it was pretty dismal. There wasn't a song that I remembered third time round. I'll give it a final go on the basis of this thread.
  • Options
    shite only done 1 good album definately maybe , cant wait 4 the new U2 album it will piss all over anything the manc twats av ever done ,want to see a great live band go and see simple minds at wembley arena nov 29th seen em live since 1986 fkin fantastic.
  • Options
    Think it's the shizzle, going to see them up Wembley on Friday mad fer it our ked

To be honest The first three albums won't get beaten including Be Here Now don't know why it got slated I think it's a stayer.

The other albums have had their moments but for every really good song their is a forgetable one ya know?
  • Options
    I don't know, just doesn't float my boat in the same was it used to
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    they might as well just call their next album ' LANDFILL '
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Think The first three albums won't get beaten including Be Here Now don't know why it got slated I think it's a stayer.

You're the only person who thinks that then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listened to it a few times now. Didn’t think much of it to begin with but is now growing on me.

Will be at Wembley Arena tomorrow night, now that will be great!
  • Options
    Went to see them live at Wembley Arena last night, and they were quality as ever. The arena is still a pit hole.
  • Options
    watched it on MTV looked and sounded awesome
  • Options
    Heading up town today for a leo before wandering over the arena tonight.

Can't feckin wait
  • Options
    Agree with you on that Carter - Be Here Now is a good album and I didn't understand the flack they got for that.

The new stuff is old Oasis, which will obviously bring its fair share of criticism, but I reckon it's quite good.

Falling Down is a brilliant track.

The ‘problem’ (I’m sure they don’t care too much) is they're miles away from the quality of music produced by bands like the Kings of Leon.
  • Options
    Oasis are the nuts

Wembley stadium next summer supported by Kasabian and The Enemy

Will have to book the week off after
  • Options
    Who are Oasis ?
  • Options
    Valley11 spot on. I was actually listening to Be Here Now on the way in this morning. They have 'My Big Mouth in their set list tonight.

Kings are soooooo good its scary! I have seen them five times now.

However you can't beat an Oasis gig its my 6th time tonight. New years Wembley Stadium will be amazing. Great support. I went in 2000 scary how quick it all goes!
  • Options
    Mate them at Wembley stadium in 200 was the best gig I have ever been to.

Didn't think it could be topped but them playing there again with Kasabian? And The Enemy?! I think that could be a bit special!!
  • Options
    I saw them in Sydney in 1998 and the whole day was amazing.

They were pretty good at the Millennium Stadium a few years back too - although the Foo Fighters probably edged them that day.