Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online gaming...internet provider?

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
What/who would you recommend for online gaming as my current virgin contract expires at the end of the month!

I am thinking upgrade to virgin fibre optic but that is £17 pm then £24 pm after 6 months.

any advice will be useful.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    £17 pm / £24 pm after 6 months for fibre optic sounds like a bargain to me.

Don't make the mistake of going fof the cheapest deal. You get what you pay for and if you're gaming you obviously expect an excellent service.
  • Options
    I dont know about specifically gaming but for broadband I cant recommend 02 highly enough. After being on Orange before (who were awful) 02 have been bang on.
  • Options
    'Be' was my ISP for ages until i moved house and had to hook up with Sky. Very, Very fast for £18/month, true unlimited bandwidth so you can download to your hearts content and they had a standard 3 month rolling contract so if you can walk away very easily if you're not happy. If it's an unbundled gaming connection you're after i'd give them a go.
  • Options
    Fibre is by far the best for gaming - latency and ping responses are orders of magnitude better than anything you'll get from any flavour of copper - including the Exciting New UltraFast DSL (tm) that all the telcos keep advertising. For gaming, if its available in your area, there is no alternative to fibre.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Fibre is by far the best for gaming - latency and ping responses are orders of magnitude better than anything you'll get from any flavour of copper - including the Exciting New UltraFast DSL (tm) that all the telcos keep advertising. For gaming, if its available in your area, there is no alternative to fibre.

and it keeps you regular too which is never a bad thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    LOL - boom boom
  • Options
    cheers guys!
  • Options
    Vispa, my ISP, are pretty gamer-friendly from what I can gather, but it sounds like you're on a winner with Virgin to be honest.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    I am thinking upgrade to virgin fibre optic but that is £17 pm then £24 pm after 6 months.

Am i the only one who thought of the Indian 'internet service providings' guy from Fonejacker?!