Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone else ashamed to admit they like the new Take That stuff?

Have to hang my head in shame to actually liking some of their new stuff. I think it's mostly from not realising it was them initially and then to being mortally embarrassed to liking it.

Mum thinks I have mellowed and am less of a rock chick, god I now feel old.

Anyone else feel this way about the new Take That stuff? Am hoping someone else is gonna admit it to lessen my shame.

Comments

• Options
    I like it, wouldn't say love it, can't say i've played their new stuff much, but then I always liked them, have all their albums and have seen them 9 times (8 times before 13th Feb 1996!). I hated gary barlow back in the day - it was his fault robbie left, but they've definately grown up well and its not frowned upon to say you fancy howard or jason these days!
  • Options
    Ive got their last album. have they got another new one out?
    I like it but i got sad taste in music unlike our Board muso miss sausage.

Im now singing patience.
  • Options
    i adore take that, always have done but have only seen them 5 or 6 times. i have to disagree with suzi however, gary was always the one for me and i could never understand what people saw in robbie. i'm ashamed to say i think i shed a tear the day they split up (and i was in my 30s at the time - jeez). the new stuff is excellent, they have definitely improved with age, in many ways...
  • Options
    Sorry Sausages but did a lil dance round my living room when they split up last time. It just wasn't my kind of music and was played constantly and there seemed to be no getting away from it. Everywhere you went you either saw images of them or being forced to listen to their music on the radio on practically every station.

Then again I did a lil dance for most of the boy/girl bands that have split over the past 15 years or so. They eventually stopped me from listening to the radio cos these kind of songs get played to death.
  • Options
    billy... just a quick question - are you female? if so thats perfectly acceptable to cry in your 30's.
  • Options
    Same here- as "ear candy" they are really good....
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I can't say I must have been devestated for too long as I'd went to my first gig later that year. Foo Fighters at Shepherds Bush.

seriously - gary barlow - 'do what you like' video from about 1991. thats NOT A GOOD LOOK!
    can't say robbie was my favourite either - I didn't like any of them better than the others except for not liking gary after robbie left. my friend bought me his solo single on casette. its still in the cellophane.

oh I was 15 when they split up.
  • Options
    i am indeed a female curb-it. i don't think i was devastated for that long either, i was very fickle in those days and quickly moved on although i was excited when they got back together and leapt around like a 10 year old at the 02 concert last year.

he did look scarey in the do what you like video but was vastly improved by how deep is your love.
  • Options
    I think the second phase of Take That are an excllent pop singing group.
  • Options
    talking of a bit of what you used to like.

Boogie Nights

me and a few girlfriends are going to this in November.... i am so excited.

I shall be cutting the rug to Junior!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: billy cotton[/cite]i am indeed a female curb-it. i don't think i was devastated for that long either, i was very fickle in those days and quickly moved on although i was excited when they got back together and leapt around like a 10 year old at the 02 concert last year.

he did look scarey in the do what you like video but was vastly improved by how deep is your love.

yes, when they rebranded after robbie left for "nobody else" album he did improve! agree with how deep is your love. I think his wife must have had a few words with him!
  • Options
    No, I am not shamed to admit I like it. I have been saved from that awful feeling by the fact I cannot stand it, and my hatred is not helped by my 8 year old daughter loving it (then again she is in their target market)
  • Options
    I was one of their promotions team first time around and must admit, even as a straight, twenty something who thought he was cool as f*ck for working for a record company, I did like them. Wasn't surprised when they got back together and think that what they're doing now is great... To cap it all, they all are (or were, I should say) really decent chaps to boot...

Other acts I worked with, currently residing in the 'where are they now' folder: North and South, Olive, NSynch and Republica....
  • Options
    "ready to gooooooooooo on the roof tops shout it out...."

they never disappeared. to be heard in all football grounds prior to kick off. please tell me they're not going to release new stuff!
  • Options
    Lol - I have no idea - they're probably living off the royalties of their one hit....

I now work in the much more sexy world of financial services and so am not down with the kids any more....ahem....
  • Options
    Have been in the Take That Fan club from the first time around, alas they dont send me postcards from wherever they are on Tour now, fame has clearly gone to their heads :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Have been in the Take That Fan club from the first time around

Have a word with yourself Ketters. How you can dare to play that tripe, in the middle of a funky house set, is just beyond me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]talking of a bit of what you used to like.

Boogie Nights
    That's just plain wrong