Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Petrol 99.9p/ltr

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Asda & Morrisons drop their prices...

BBC link

Comments

• Options
    it'll be free to Charlton season ticket holders soon
  • Options
    Yeap, my local Morrisons has it up at 99.9 already.
  • Options
    Not for us Diesel users :o(
  • Options
    There is a recession coming, commodities will sink in price as demand is less than expected...

Noticed in the UAE papers I read that Sheik Maktoum just bought a slice of an Oz goldmine as well, I guess shares are down otherwise it would be stupid to invest now as gold is bleeding expensive.
  • Options
    Diesel prices are coming down, have noticed driving around today that prices are falling.
  • Options
    $78 a barrel now down from what $140? petrol / diesel once the futures bit should be well below a pound/litre in the next few months.
  • Options
    Super Unleaded is down to £1.10 in Faversham cannot remember how long ago it was since it was that low.
  • Options
    Went to ASDA greenhithe about 7am this morning, only pay at pump allowed that time of day as its 24 hours there, wouldn't accept my Visa Electron, but the pump still showed 104.9????
  • Options
    Thats XFM aint it
  • Options
    what's the difference between unleaded and superunleaded?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4p
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what's the difference between unleaded and superunleaded?

Super unleaded is for High Performance cars.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what's the difference between unleaded and superunleaded?

Super unleaded is for High Performance cars.

Onyl because its a more refined fuel and generally better for engines, as it reduces engine knocking, the higher the RON/Octane number (Research Octane Number) the better it is.

Thats why they use it in performance cars etc. but anyone can use it, if your willing to pay the extra.
  • Options
    Was 99.9 yesterday at Morrison's Gravesend... all pay at pump. Good times. Still needs to drop a long way though... hopefully back down to about 80p a litre
  • Options
    Oil at another low today will the price reductions be passed on to us again ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Oil at another low today will the price reductions be passed on to us again ?

Take advantage now as there´s an Opec meeting coming up and I´m sure they will simply cut productions to stabilize the price between $80-100
  • Options
    what baffles me about all this how can BP, TEXACO , SHELL etc be allowed to still sell it at over £1 - profiteering at it's worse.

And what winds me up the most is you can have shell 1.05 in one garage and 1.09 in another 1 mile up the road.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]what baffles me about all this how can BP, TEXACO , SHELL etc be allowed to still sell it at over £1 - profiteering at it's worse.

And what winds me up the most is you can have shell 1.05 in one garage and 1.09 in another 1 mile up the road.

I think some of them are franchised, hence they all charge differently
  • Options
    well pleased Diesal 110 at ASDA Charlton going away this weekend and needed to fill up result
  • Options
    Thing is, they'll charge the higher price all the time people are paying it. Asda, 99.9... just round the corner is a Total, selling at 106.9, doing a brisk trade...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the last time (12 months back) oil was this price a barrel ---- petrol was 94p !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]the last time (12 months back) oil was this price a barrel ---- petrol was 94p !!

Your out there at the moment mate, have a word about further reductions, I know you know people :-)
  • Options
    did mate my boss said "how do u think we paid for you , the car the hotel and the food bill !"
  • Options
    What gets me is Gordon Brown 'demanding' that these companies reduce their prices at the pump whilst conveniently forgetting the main reason they're so f*cking high is because of the amount of tax on it!
  • Options
    Slowly but surely creeping up and up and up again. Seems to be going up about 1p every week. Unleaded is 97.9 at my local garage but have seen it back to over a quid at motorway garages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Slowly but surely creeping up and up and up again. Seems to be going up about 1p every week. Unleaded is 97.9 at my local garage but have seen it back to over a quid at motorway garages.

107.9 for me last night on A120 - might have been BP Ultimate though

When I get diesel its regularly around 113.9 up my way
  • Options
    Same BP near me Diesel back up to 102
  • Options
    Just back from Florida, where we were paying (if I've worked it out correctly) about 25p a litre... and they were moaning that it had just gone up in price! It was $1.40 a gallon...
  • Options
    come home last night BP in Abbey Wood now 106 a jump of 4p from the day before
  • Options
    http://www.petrolprices.com/

Look at the above site for the cheapest petrol in your area.