Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Geography Homework

Help please,my daughter needs to find out the name of the mountain range which stretches across southern scotland.I spent feckin ages last night looking and could only come up with the scottissh lowlands,does anybody know the correct answer please.

Comments

• Options
    The RiverTay mountains?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Help please,my daughter needs to find out the name of the mountain range which stretches across southern scotland.I spent feckin ages last night looking and could only come up with the scottissh lowlands,does anybody know the correct answer please.

Isn't the idea that she spends ages looking it up.

And anyway you were out last night boozing with your best mate Rothko ; - )
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]The RiverTay mountains?[/quote]

If you are looking at Dundee to Perth that is the Sidlaw hills, near Edinburgh it is the pentlands
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Help please,my daughter needs to find out the name of the mountain range which stretches across southern scotland.I spent feckin ages last night looking and could only come up with the scottissh lowlands,does anybody know the correct answer please.

Isn't the idea that she spends ages looking it up.

And anyway you were out last night boozing with your best mate Rothko ; - )

True...because in finding out for herself she'll stumble across other information that will increase her knowledge...sorry to get all serious but that's all part of finding things out for yourself I guess.
  • Options
    we were doing it together before, looking at the back of your head for a couple of hours ;-),seriously it doesn't really say whether the lowlands are a mountain range and that was what i was trying to clarify.She only asked me when we wasn't sure herself and in the end i started swearing at the computer like i do Izale McCloed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we were doing it together before, looking at the back of your head for a couple of hours ;-),seriously it doesn't really say whether the lowlands are a mountain range and that was what i was trying to clarify.She only asked me when we wasn't sure herself and in the end i started swearing at the computer like i do Izale McCloed.
    Well from what I know the question isn't 'that' clear....the answer could be one of several things...including The River Tay Mountains.
    I'm not aware of any one mountain range that stretches right across southern Scotland?
    Please let us know the answer when you can.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Southern Uplands - I believe
  • Options
    Could it be The Cheviots which mark the Scottish border with England?

http://www.northumberlandnationalpark.org.uk/visiting/placestovisit/cheviothills.htm
  • Options
    The Southern Uplands?

The Southern Uplands form a continuous belt of hills across southern Scotland from Galloway to the Borders. The Uplands are divided into several local ranges:

Galloway Hills,
    Lowther Hills,
    Moffat Hills,
    Pentland Hills,
    Moorfoot Hills,
    Lammermuir Hills,
    The Cheviot Hills which lie mostly in England, and form part of the border between the two countries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's definitely the Southern Uplands.
  • Options
    I'd go for the Trossachs Steve. It might not be the right answer, but its surely the funniest name.