Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heroes Parade

Only we could do a effing parade on a bloody Thursday to celebrate the Olympians.

This should have been done a week after the OPlympics on a sunday

Ridiculous doing it on a thursday - kids are at school etc.

Comments

• it didnt stop the turn out for the rugby/cricketers when it was on a weekday so hopefully this will be th esame.

going to pop down to mansion house at ten to if my boss lets met.
  • Very true just a shame - if they had done it on a sunday would have been better.

even do it at lunchtime - i would love to go and have a look but can;t get out
  • It'll be on the telly
  • edited October 2008
    yeah, nice one shag, if he shouts loud enough they might be encouraged if they hear him through the glass/plastic of his television set.
  • Cheers Sooze , thats what I thought
  • edited October 2008
    lol cheers shag very helpful I will put the tv on then that I have on my desk - oh I don't have one LOL :-)
  • Just had a thumbs up from James De Gale which made my day. Walked down lothbury trying to avoid bank and mansion house and walked slap bang in the middle of all the floats getting ready to start which was great as they were stood still and had time to check them all out. everyone after Tom Daley and Adlingtons autographs while they were stationery. Cannot believe i forgot my camera!

Then after having a nose, we walked back down to the corner of the bank traffic lights to catch the official start. Absolutely tremendous turn out. Unfortunately Chris Hoy was on the other side so didnt get a chance to wink at him. And didnt see Bradley Wiggins either!

Could see crowds lined all the way up Queen Victoria Street.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]it didnt stop the turn out for the rugby/cricketers when it was on a weekday so hopefully this will be th esame.

Was in the school holidays though IIRC.
  • I blame Boris ;-)

Was in town so popped up to the Strand to have a look; it was good fun. If only I could recognise anyone who wasn't Victoria Pendleton...
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]it didnt stop the turn out for the rugby/cricketers when it was on a weekday so hopefully this will be th esame.

Was in the school holidays though IIRC.

No i know one of them definitely wasnt as people were moaning why werent the kids at school.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Just had a thumbs up from James De Gale which made my day.
    Kinky old devil!