Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gurkha Justice Campaign

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Has everyone who wants to sign up to the Gurkha Justice Campaign done it yet? If you want to, the internet address is:
www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
At time of writing they've got 50,500ish online signatures, which seems pathetic to me! Time till the petition is presented to Downing Street is quickly running out.

Comments

• Options
    Just signed it. Nice one Darren.
  • Options
    BigStem. Good job. This issue is a no brainer surely? You can download a petition sheet & stand outside Asda if you want.(I think for that Joanna Lumley will personally weep in your lap) But it's getting colder? I emailed Danny Kelly earlier. Be good if issue gets a following on CL?
  • Options
    Just signed it as well. This whole issue over the treatment of Gurkhas has been absolutely scandalous and shames our country in my view.
  • Options
    F*ck! I knew there was a reason I'm a Charlton fan. Support The Gurkhas!
    If anyone fancies a day at the seaside, go to Folkestone. Top of the Old High St, there's an all-you-can-eat, Gurkha run, oriental buffet. These people will watch you eat yourself to death with a smile...
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    darren, I know the buffet place you mean as I live in Hythe, a few miles away.

although i am generally anti immigration, it is a disgrace that we cant even allow those who serve this country in the armed forces to live in the country they have fought and risked their lives for. Add to that the fact that the schools attended by their kids have better results than those in the area without, they raise the standard of discipline in them hugely. These are no 'human rights abusing asylum seeking scroungers', they deserve much better treatment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]darren, I know the buffet place you mean as I live in Hythe, a few miles away.

although i am generally anti immigration, it is a disgrace that we cant even allow those who serve this country in the armed forces to live in the country they have fought and risked their lives for. Add to that the fact that the schools attended by their kids have better results than those in the area without, they raise the standard of discipline in them hugely. These are no 'human tight abusing asylum seeking scroungers', they deserve much better treatment.

Spot od Steve....spot on.
  • Options
    200% agreed Steve

Its a joke
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]although i am generally anti immigration, it is a disgrace that we cant even allow those who serve this country in the armed forces to live in the country they have fought and risked their lives for. Add to that the fact that the schools attended by their kids have better results than those in the area without, they raise the standard of discipline in them hugely. These are no 'human rights abusing asylum seeking scroungers', they deserve much better treatment.

Spot on, I started another thread on this a while ago, it makes my blood boil.

[cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite](I think for that Joanna Lumley will personally weep in your lap)

That really made me chuckle.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]BigStem. Good job. This issue is a no brainer surely? You can download a petition sheet & stand outside Asda if you want.(I think for that Joanna Lumley will personally weep in your lap) But it's getting colder? I emailed Danny Kelly earlier. Be good if issue gets a following on CL?[/quote]

If that were the case, I'd be there in a minute!