Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pavlik v Hopkins

Well that was a turn up!

Maybe Calzaghe beating Hopkins will be taken a bit more seriously now? I tell you what though if anyone needs any motivation to hit Bernard Hopkins then his antics in this fight would justify any reasons to want to rip his head off!

Anyone catch it?

Comments

• I used to love boxing (watching I mean) but over the years I have been persuaded by the anti boxing lobby and I notice that another boxer - Gilbert Eastman is today in a coma after having a clot removed from his brain. Time to call a halt on this barbaric sport if you ask me.
  • was a real turn up for the books... sounds like he was doing a bit of dancing around as well like you say!
  • Totally out-boxed him, and a scrap at the end after the bell too!

He was show boating from about the 7th, the only thing I will say is he looked an awful lot more comfortable at the weight than Pavlik did. But even saying that a 43 year old who is supposedly finished well and truly gave the ghost a lesson!

Thoughts go out to Gilbert Eastman (Howard Eastmans brother).

He knew what he was doing though mate and if the sport was barred it would simply carry on but with none of the regs in place. It's a s safe as it can get, like F1 there is danger and that is part of the excitment.
  • I agree that there are more dangerous sports than boxing but none of them have the sole intention of knocking your opponent unconcious. Can`t agree with the argument for not banning something being it will carry on anyway.
  • Nolly - where are ya now mate? Told you months ago that Pavlik was overrated... :o)
  • he did have a illness,and i always feel hes best staying at middle,but yes got mullered,hard to give him a round
  • shooters stop talking shit,the sport is safer than plenty,men are born to fight.