Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virgin+ Box

DA9DA9
edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Does anyone have this, and is it twin tuner, ie, watch one channel, record another etc?

Also (I know, a lot of questions), does anyone have a 2nd Virgin box in another room, ie bedroom etc, and cam you then watch a different channel than the main box in the living room?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    I have. It's great. You can record two channels and watch a third. Twice as much recording space as Sky+ - it's got 80 hours. Plus if you have the XL package you can use the On Demand features like BBC iPlayer and all the other channels (including HBO - so you can watch whole series of the West Wing and Sopranos for nowt).

Don't know how the multi room works though.
  • Options
    I can't get Virgin, so I'll stick with a decent HD service from Sky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I have. It's great. You can record two channels and watch a third. Twice as much recording space as Sky+ - it's got 80 hours. Plus if you have the XL package you can use the On Demand features like BBC iPlayer and all the other channels (including HBO - so you can watch whole series of the West Wing and Sopranos for nowt).

Don't know how the multi room works though.

Got the XL package, love the On Demand stuff, especially the music one, thinking about upgrading the box....cheers
  • Options
    If you have a second box, you can watch a separate channel to the main box, whether Sky or Virgin as each box will have its own individual tuner. Hope that gives you the layman's answer in terms of multi-room.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]If you have a second box, you can watch a separate channel to the main box, whether Sky or Virgin as each box will have its own individual tuner. Hope that gives you the layman's answer in terms of multi-room.

Cheers Tottenham supporting person :-)
  • Options
    You need to get the card paired with the other card, in order for them to work. This can only be done by Virgin sending a ping down the line.
    If anyone knows a way around let me know.
  • Options
    as an option you could cut down your monthly outgoings by canning Virgin telly and going FreeView and getting a FreeView recorder

Eg. the HUMAX PVR9200T is excellent, twin tuners, one-touch recording to it's hard drive - just click OK on a program in the on screen TV Guide and it will record - or just press the record button to start recording what you are watching. Easy peasy.

You can record 1 programme and watch another or record 2 programmes whilst watching the playback of a 3rd. Or of course you can record 2 and watch a 3rd direct from the telly if it has a tuner as well.

No subscription fees, software gets updated automatically once or twice a year so you stay up to date but there are no subscription fees :-) All you have to do is buy the box for about £140.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/test_bench/article647079.ece
  • Options
    phew, was worried for a moment this wasn't going to be a TV related thread...........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]as an option you could cut down your monthly outgoings by canning Virgin telly and going FreeView and getting a FreeView recorder

Eg. the HUMAX PVR9200T is excellent, twin tuners, one-touch recording to it's hard drive - just click OK on a program in the on screen TV Guide and it will record - or just press the record button to start recording what you are watching. Easy peasy.

You can record 1 programme and watch another or record 2 programmes whilst watching the playback of a 3rd. Or of course you can record 2 and watch a 3rd direct from the telly if it has a tuner as well.

No subscription fees, software gets updated automatically once or twice a year so you stay up to date but there are no subscription fees :-) All you have to do is buy the box for about £140.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/test_bench/article647079.ece

Blimey, are you in their sales department???

I do have freeview in the bedroom, but to have pay out for a new freewiew box I may as well upgrade to a virgin box in the bedroom and have more channels.