Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Coke Zero/Diet Coke

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any soft drink that has no sugar is just plain bland, Diet Coke is the most disgusting of all the Diet drinks.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]What is the difference? Apart from the fact Zero tastes 100 times better than Diet.

Coke Zero has Zero Sugar Zero Caffeine whereas Diet coke still has caffeine BUT then begs the question Why have Diet coke without caffeine? (the gold one)

Therefore

Just no caffeine

Sorry Dazzler, I think you'll find that Coke Zero has lots of caffeine in, just no sugar but a sweeter taste than Diet Coke. I know because my son can't have caffeine. There is a Diet Coke which is caffeine free (gold & red label). The problem is they've all got aspartame sweetner in them and that ain't good.
  • Options
    The idea is that Zero tastes like normal coke, just without the calories, whilst diet coke has always tasted different and its now at the stage the most people who buy diet coke do so for the taste as well as the sugar free status, so they couldn't use the advances in artificial sweetners to make diet coke more like coke without pishing off the customers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]The idea is that Zero tastes like normal coke, just without the calories, whilst diet coke has always tasted different and its now at the stage the most people who buy diet coke do so for the taste as well as the sugar free status, so they couldn't use the advances in artificial sweetners to make diet coke more like coke without pishing off the customers

That sounds about right.
  • Options
    Prefer beer to fizzy drinks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]Who remembers "TAB"?....bloody awful..

I loved TAB. Assuming I remember correctly, and it was the seethrough coke.

[cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Mentos mint in coke is brilliant

Funny you should mention that, we tried it last night.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Prefer beer to fizzy drinks
    Amen. Discussion over.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    They are both diabolical for health, sweeteners like aspartime trick the body into thinking its digesting sugar so sets of an insulin response to no effect , which fxxx up your liver etc no wonder there is so much diabetes around. I have a friend who was severley anorexic so diet coke was ideal, energy and no calories,, the fumes from the stuff rotted the cartilage between her nostrils ( in much the same way cocaine does) she dosnt touch the stuff now , and as a result of giving up actually sleeps as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [/cite]Prefer beer to fizzy drinks
    Amen. Discussion over.

No it's not!
    If you're not interested then just don't join in. This isn't Nazi Germany.
  • Options
    I prefer cricket to football ,but that doesn't mean I cannot discuss either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coke Zero as said earlier is made to taste the same as Coca Cola but with no sugar and it is aimed at the male market

Diet Coke is aimed at the female market and is not made to taste the same as Coca Cola it is an entirely different drink from Coca Cola

However i am not sure that the Coke Zero thing has worked as sales in Coca Cola have stayed the same whereas Coke Zero peaked at launch and has been in decline
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Coke Zero as said earlier is made to taste the same as Coca Cola but with no sugar and it is aimed at the male market

Diet Coke is aimed at the female market and is not made to taste the same as Coca Cola it is an entirely different drink from Coca Cola

However i am not sure that the Coke Zero thing has worked as sales in Coca Cola have stayed the same whereas Coke Zero peaked at launch and has been in decline

I must be a female then Doh!

P.s BingAddick Damn and i thought i was well smart innit. ah well brap brap......

Lol you win some ya lose some.....I love all types of coke( or should i say Cola) in moderation my boss is the perfect example He drinks 4 bottles of coke a day plus a diet pepsi can at lunch!
  • Options
    Dr Pepper is the only soft drink I can take!

Who remembers "CRESTA" "Its frothy man!"

Or for the really older members "Zing!"