Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Restaurant prices

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Following on from the thread below, just wondered what you guys thought a reasonable price for a meal for 2 is now (especially in London).

I took my wife to Sankey's Brasserie (Seafood Restaurant) in Tunbridge Wells at the weekend and a three course meal with a bottle of wine cost me £93. Seemed a bit pricey.

What do you guys/gals pay or think is a fair price for a three course meal with a house wine?

Comments

• Options
    erm i don't eat out much being a poorly paid adminner so i'll say £60?
  • Options
    We went out for a meal for 4 on Saturday and it was lush and came to £114 with lots of drinks, and 3 courses and coffees. considered that reasonable.

meal for 2, urm, in our price bracked i'd be happy with anything from 40 to 70 quid depending on where we are and what we drink and depending on how special the occasion was. I dont mind paying more if i get a lovely meal.

We did go to a posh restaurant once and the bill was £120 for 2 of us, but we had vouchers for £90 of it which was nice!
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Was in a very good Chinese the other week, The New Ming, Bellegrove Road, Welling, just under £16 per head and eat what you like from the menu, not buffet style though, appetisers & dessert included.
    They have a lazy susan in the middle of the table and you just spin different dishes to each other, and the dishes kept coming when we asked for a selection from the whole menu, but you can also ask for anything else from the menu you see and eat as much as you like, very reasonable.

For two of us, generally, I wouldn't pay more than £60-£70 for the whole thing, the drinks are what adds up without you realising, posh restaurant, dont know, never really done one.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    Quite flexible but i do get irked going to somewhere like tgi's and a bill coming for £50 if you both have starters and mains with a couple of drinks thrown in.

I'd probably go with the 'Suze Range'. I'd probably pay up to £7 for a starter and maybe £15 for a main but at a restuarant with a decent rep. Don't usually do desserts so make up the rest in drinks.

Did Gaucho's at Tower Bridge a few weeks ago for the two of us and splashed out and it came to about £110. But goodness gracious me. What a steak.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh New Ming, DA9 that place is the absolute nuts, the Satay Chicken is quality, making me dribble just thinking about it!

In Egypt we went to the Hard Rock cafe, 3 courses and drinks for 6 of us came to £80, now that is a bargain!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Ahhhhh New Ming, DA9 that place is the absolute nuts, the Satay Chicken is quality, making me dribble just thinking about it!

In Egypt we went to the Hard Rock cafe, 3 courses and drinks for 6 of us came to £80, now that is a bargain!

Sharm?......I went there, fantastic service, although we did get a table next to the DJ which was quite loud, still got the coca cola Hard Rock glass indoors
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Went for a meal last night which cost 5 people $120 - about 60 quid ( so 12 quid each). I had 3 courses - Chicken Noodle Soup, followed by an excellent medium rare 12oz ribeye steak, followed by apple pie and ice cream washed down with my share of 2 litres of house wine.

Now that's what I call reasonable - Good old east vancouver
  • Options
    But Vancouver ..... you're in Canada and not living in rip-off Britain - where apathy is king whilst they drain the financial life blood out of you.
  • Options
    Here in Albufeira it's about €15 to €20 a head for a reasonable meal with wine and coffee.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Here in Albufeira it's about €15 to €20 a head for a reasonable meal with wine and coffee.[/quote]

You noticed any difference out there with the credit or is it still fairly busy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]Went for a meal last night which cost 5 people $120 - about 60 quid ( so 12 quid each). I had 3 courses - Chicken Noodle Soup, followed by an excellent medium rare 12oz ribeye steak, followed by apple pie and ice cream washed down with my share of 2 litres of house wine.

Now that's what I call reasonable - Good old east vancouver

mmmmm Steak would have been better rare to blue ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Here in Albufeira it's about €15 to €20 a head for a reasonable meal with wine and coffee.

You noticed any difference out there with the credit or is it still fairly busy

Yes, a big difference Bourne. Less people, and those that are here have less to spend. This is our fith year so we are lucky to be established enough to have a regular clientele, but this is the first year we have had poeple ask how much drinks are before ordering a round, so that says it all really.
  • Options
    How long is a bit of string? If you had scallops followed by lobster you got a bargain. If you had a burger and salad, you've been turned over. I've had a few meals that came in around the £100/head mark and mostly, they were excellent value for the quality and service. I've also paid £40 for dinner for two and it's been an absolute rip off because the food has been crap.

We do pay much more in London than just about anyplace else I've been though, but then again there are some great places out there and more variety than anywhere else that I've been.
  • Options
    About 18 inches.