Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Corners - Again!

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Corners need to whipped in at pace, most of the time- as some variety is needed- not floated over to give the goalie catching practice.

Our corners are STILL 90% crap.

Comments

• Options
    Make that 100%,cant remember when we last had a player that could take a corner!
  • Options
    I think the key with corners is to have a great variety in what you do. Fast, slow, high, low, inswinging, outswinging and although it's not my cup of tea even short ones just to mix it up a bit. Ours look like they came out of an identikit box where all the parts are missing. So, it doesn't matter who takes them, every corner is the same. I'd love to hear what our coaches say at training, "That's it see if you can get it about ¾ of the way across the goal line, just a foot or so out. And just try to see how much hang time you can get, that's the ticket!"
  • Options
    I don'y just think it's corners it's all of our set plays.
    Every corner or free kick doesn't beat the 1st man and goal kicks n throw ins aren't much better!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]Make that 100%,cant remember when we last had a player that could take a corner!
    Jonjo Shelvey!
  • Options
    Sam's delivery was woeful, we scored against Swansea from more or less the same spot he put a freekick in from last night. He chipped it straight to the keeper where as Basey whipped it into the near post onto the head of Gray
  • Options
    Or may be its the other players not timing their runs to get onto the crosses.
  • Options
    Might be the runs but you can't just loop balls into the box towards a keeper, it gives your players no chance unless they foul him
  • Options
    It sthe looping ones from the back I hate.
    The ball travels 40/50 yards, any centre back should be able to deal with them.