Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anybody have a worse evening than me!!

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Well, I thought I wasn't going to be able to go because 'Er indoors' was going out and I needed to be home to look after BA juniors.

At 5.30pm I found out she wasn't going out, so in a spur of the moment thing, I decided to rush down. I knew I wouldn't get there for the start. Left Norwich at 5.45pm, arrived at my seat at 8.05pm to be told that we've been on top and camped in their half. Five minutes later it had all gone to cock. Booers and moaners all round me winding me up.

The start of the second half was possible the worst I've seen us play defensively for many a year. The inevitable second goal. The depressingly familar inability to break teams down or take the few chances that came our way.

The long trudge back to the car which I parked in Victoria Way. When I get there some f*cking scumbag had smashed my passenger window and nicked my stowed away Sat Nav. Phoned the police who clearly were trying not to laugh. "Oh well Sir, there's nothing much we can do - no point in sending anyone out to the scene of the crime" . B*llocks!! Glass everywhere and a drive back to Norfolk with Hurricane F*ckpig blowing my eardrums out.

Not a happy Addick!!...:o(

Comments

• Options
    argh thats shite bing. big effort to get there in the first place.

How stowed away was your sat nav then?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Bing....it was a shambles second half...first 25 was ok, but failed to finish mate......having had my cars broken into many times around the area, Im quite picky now about where I leave it...try up at Charlton Park along the residential part mate....
  • Options
    hehe, like me at Cardiff, arrived after we were any good, and saw us concede and have two sent off.

I feel your pain
  • Options
    sorry to hear that Bing.

It could of been worse though, you could of added a North Stand 'wimpey' burger to the equation.

I think these ones are provided by the construction company, and not the restaurant chain....
  • Options
    poor you bing!
  • Options
    Feel sorry for ya Bing!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Bing.

If you want to find the perpetrator you have to look at who stood to gain from the crime. Who is it that needs a Sat Nav? Who never knows which way to run?

Step forward Hameur Bouazza.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear all that, Bing.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Bing, it's Charlton you see, full of dodgy characters...

I had to endure an evening at the PR Week awards which - whilst nothing was 'physically' stolen from me - was a big waste of 5 or so hours of my life....
  • Options
    What a shocker!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]sorry to hear that Bing.

It could of been worse though, you could of added a North Stand 'wimpey' burger to the equation.

I think these ones are provided by the construction company, and not the restaurant chain....

Lol AFKA. Yeah, though typical of my decision making last night, decided to get something to eat on the way home!
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]If you want to find the perpetrator you have to look at who stood to gain from the crime. Who is it that needs a Sat Nav? Who never knows which way to run?

Step forward Hameur Bouazza.

Lol!!
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]having had my cars broken into many times around the area, Im quite picky now about where I leave it...try up at Charlton Park along the residential part mate....

Tel, for weekends, I normally park up at Charlton Park, but for midweek games, because it's normally a bit of a rush and I've got to get through the Blackwall Tunnel at a busy time, I tend to park in an off road Car Park in Victoria Way. It costs a £5 but I know I can park there. I arrived there at just after 7.45pm and they'd shut the gates. So I had to find somewhere quick which just happened to be further up Victoria Way!!

[cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]How stowed away was your sat nav then?

It was in the glove compartment. The police told me they look for the mark on your windscreen as a telltale sign. Memo 1 to self, make sure you clean the mark off. Memo 2 to self, don't do things in a rush on the spur of the moment!!...:o)
  • Options
    only positive thing Bing is they probably checked your home address from the Sat Nav and didn't have a clue where it was so least the little scumbags didn't then try and break into your house.
  • Options
    had to take Large home last night - on the way back got flashed by the speed camera half way down Gravel Hill............GRRRRRRRRR

could be a £60 fine and 3 points - which would put me on 9. May contest it if it comes through or get Large to take it as I was doing him a favour taking him home !
  • Options
    I think I can beat all of that. Had to have a barium enema yesterday and will spare you the grusome details. I will say that it necessitates filling your bowel with air so that I spent all yesterday evening with terrible stomach cramps and was farting like a gorilla. On the up side. I couldn`t get to The Valley.
  • Options
    Bad luck bing...sometimes it just best to stay in bed mate!
  • Options
    Bing. Maybe it was Nicky Bailey who did it.....he went missing in the second half!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]had to take Large home last night - on the way back got flashed by the speed camera half way down Gravel Hill............GRRRRRRRRR

could be a £60 fine and 3 points - which would put me on 9. May contest it if it comes through or get Large to take it as I was doing him a favour taking him home !

in that case jimmymelrose owes me £60 and 3 points from when I was flashed picking him up from Stanstead. Only 3 points I've ever had. Not that Golfie can say the same !!
  • Options
    soon I 'll have more points that Charlton.........lol !!!!
  • Options
    sorry to hear about your motor bing.
    someone said about cleaning the mark off the windscreen may prevent the little shits smashing your windows.
    also, even if you do use a sat nav, leaving an A-Z on your dashboard could prove a window saver.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I think I can beat all of that. Had to have a barium enema yesterday and will spare you the grusome details. I will say that it necessitates filling your bowel with air so that I spent all yesterday evening with terrible stomach cramps and was farting like a gorilla. On the up side. I couldn`t get to The Valley.[/quote]

I've been reading this board with the right ache tonight but that has made me laugh out loud!!

I feel well sorry for you bing that would send me like michael douglas in falling down I think, bastards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I feel well sorry for you bing that would send me like michael douglas in falling down I think, bastards.

Can laugh about it now though. Funny how time heals. Also managed to get the window replaced today despite several sharp intakes of breath and the "that'll be a special order could takes days/weeks" let down lines. Plus my insurers agreed to pay for an upgraded Sat Nav which I have purchased and set up like a kid with a new toy.
  • Options
    I had a better one.
    Got home, my wife had a phone call from the police. They have caught the gang that mugged my son and they have recovered my son's phone.

Good old Met police.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]I had a better one.
    Got home, my wife had a phone call from the police. They have caught the gang that mugged my son and they have recovered my son's phone.

Good old Met police.

Good to hear that.

Were they caught going round and round the Norwich ring road with a dodgy sat nav?
  • Options
    No, silly buggers were caught doing similar crimes, even had the stupidity to keep and use my son's phone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]I had a better one.

Good old Met police.

There is a god...:-) Great news PA. (They didn't recover a Tom Tom Go 700 at the same time by any chance?)
  • Options
    i went it was my 1st game of the season as has been said first 20 was ok then all down hill when the boos started in the upper north i was telling them to f**K off have not and will not boo my own team left with 15 mins to go or i would have been in a fight with some so called cafc fans
  • Options
    Sadly no Tom Tom and I really don’t think theses scrum bags will go to trial.
    The police have done their job but talking to them I get the feeling they are defeated, let down by the courts.
    At the moment I really do like one aspect of Sharia law.
    I know it was only a phone and no one was physically hurt but if things are not nipped in the bud theses gangs crimes grow rapidly as they realize they are untouchable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]Sadly no Tom Tom and I really don’t think theses scrum bags will go to trial.
    The police have done their job but talking to them I get the feeling they are defeated, let down by the courts.
    At the moment I really do like one aspect of Sharia law.
    I know it was only a phone and no one was physically hurt but if things are not nipped in the bud theses gangs crimes grow rapidly as they realize they are untouchable.

I fear you may be right. I think those parents amongst us know that you have to set boundaries and then enforce them. When I was a teenager, I got up to a few scrapes but I knew where the boundaries lay and when I had (not by much), overstepped them. It seems to me that if the police have given up in these areas, there are effectively no boundaries and that is a seriously worrying situation.

I see that despite the headlines on violent crime today, they say "overall recorded crime" is down. This is nonsense. Having had my Sat Nav nicked, car damaged etc and dutifully notified the police who pretty much just laughed, I will think long and hard about whether to bother to report it next time. I'm sure that's what thousands of people like me have already decided to do.