Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday Dilemma for Pards

He seemed to have admitted to himself that Crainey wasn't a full back by pulling him at half-time in the last two matches (niggle in one or psych-up?) and he has seen Moo2 (defensively sound this season for me) and Semedo outplay him comprehensively. Moo2 or Semedo Pards? Then two centre backs out of Crainey (decent on Tuesday), Primus, and Hudson. If he plays both the Pompey guys, I reckon he would be compromising our line up to keep Harry happy.

I'd try Crainey & Hudson with Moo2 alongside and Semedo in front of back four.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]He seemed to have admitted to himself that Crainey wasn't a full back by pulling him at half-time in the last two matches (niggle in one or psych-up?) and he has seen Moo2 (defensively sound this season for me) and Semedo outplay him comprehensively. Moo2 or Semedo Pards? Then two centre backs out of Crainey (decent on Tuesday), Primus, and Hudson. If he plays both the Pompey guys, I reckon he would be compromising our line up to keep Harry happy.

I'd try Crainey & Hudson with Moo2 alongside and Semedo in front of back four.[/quote]

I don't see why Primus should be dropped. I'd put Hudson back in the side with Primus and Moo2 at right back. I agree with you on Semedo.

Crainey can go on the bench and if Redknapp doesn't like it, tough shit!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]

Crainey can go on the bench and if Redknapp doesn't like it, tough shit!

He can always recall him ........
  • Options
    If I were managing the side, I'd switch to a 3-5-2 and play to our stregths. We all agree that we do not have natural full backs, rather players that prefer to bomb down the wing given half the chance, we don't create enough with a flat middle 4 and with current ineffective wingers, the strikers don't get enough service. Moo2 and Basey can both cross a ball and Ambrose given little defensive responsibility, can create, so my side would look like (with Semedo sat in front of the back 3):

Weaver

Cranie Hudson Primus

Moo2 Semedo Bailey Basey

Ambrose

Todorov Varney

An old European style and non too fashionable these days, but this could work.

Back to PES 2009 then, where this system is working, mind you I've got Ribery bombing down the wing for me! ;)
  • Options
    I would have Varney in Ambose position. And play Gray and Dickson together.
  • Options
    Thought Crainey had his best game yesterday but he's been shocking as a full back all season so it's Moo2 and semedo as full backs for me and Crainey and Hudson as center halfs (despite them looking quite similar players).
  • Options
    I like that Pavo - I like it a lot
  • Options
    I would like to see Crainie play left back, Moo2 right and Samedo in the centre with Bailey with Varney on the right. Gray up front with Toddy.
  • Options
    There is a reason nobody plays 3-5-2 anymore.

It's gash.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]There is a reason nobody plays 3-5-2 anymore.

It's gash.
    Well it certainly means that you're leaving a lot of room behind your fullbacks. And as they've never played in that shape, it's a non starter. I'd go for Moo2, Hud, Primus, Youga, Sam, Wright, Bailey, Ambrose, Dicko, Gray and just try and do them with a bit of flair than just the usual endeavour.
  • Options
    Pardews biggest dilemma now is to try and raise the spirits of a whole club of which most have lost faith in him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pards should hold a massive party down The Valley. Like the last days of Pomppeii.
  • Options
    I'd try the following team, though not sure whether as a 442 with Semedo on the right, or a 4132 with semedo sitting deeper and the other 3 infront. With us not crossing the ball anyway I don't see the point in sticking to a rigid 442 with wingers:

Weaver

Moutaouakil
    Hudson
    Cranie
    Basey

Semedo
    Wright
    Bailey
    Varney

Dickson
    Mcloed
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i think 5-3-2 would be more appropriate.

Then we could use when all are fit and back from intl.

Weaver
    Mou2---Semedo---Primus---Hudson---Basey
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Varney----Dickson

Mou2 and Basey getting up the wings with the creativity of Bailey, Shelvey and Racon and Varns to touch the ball on to Dicko
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]i think 5-3-2 would be more appropriate.

-----------------Weaver
    ------------------Bailey
    ------Shelvey--------------Racon
    -----------Varney----Dickson

Mou2 and Basey getting up the wings with the creativity of Bailey, Shelvey and Racon and Varns to touch the ball on to Dicko[/quote]

Why is that any different to 3-5-2?

Basey's lack of pace would be a problem, For that to work you'd need to play Youga.
  • Options
    Just thinking how we recalled Wright and put him on the bench - whats happened to Dean Sinclair?

Completely forgot about him, either he's injured or Pardew has realised he's not good enough.

Such a pointless signing when we had Wright, Arter and Shelvey coming through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Pardews biggest dilemma now is to try and raise the spirits of a whole club of which most have lost faith in him.

including the players it seems
  • Options
    Poker or Brag
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]i think 5-3-2 would be more appropriate.

Weaver
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Racon
    Varney----Dickson

Mou2 and Basey getting up the wings with the creativity of Bailey, Shelvey and Racon and Varns to touch the ball on to Dicko

Why is that any different to 3-5-2?

Basey's lack of pace would be a problem, For that to work you'd need to play Youga.
    ok drop basey for Youga and its different because it is much more defensive!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite]If I were managing the side, I'd switch to a 3-5-2 and play to our stregths. We all agree that we do not have natural full backs, rather players that prefer to bomb down the wing given half the chance, we don't create enough with a flat middle 4 and with current ineffective wingers, the strikers don't get enough service. Moo2 and Basey can both cross a ball and Ambrose given little defensive responsibility, can create, so my side would look like (with Semedo sat in front of the back 3):

Weaver

Cranie Hudson Primus

Moo2 Semedo Bailey Basey

Ambrose

Todorov Varney

An old European style and non too fashionable these days, but this could work.

)

Interesting. Not sure about Ambrose and Todorov. Would play one of the other and put Mcleod or Dickson up front.
  • Options
    Remember last January, with Moo2 & Youga at full back, Varney & McLeod up front, and Dicko as 2nd half sub - we ran Blackpool, West Brom (twice) ragged with pace and created chance after chance, with enough goals to keep even the boo-boys happy.

That was playing to our strengths.

Playing to our strengths is going back to basics.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would put all the players names in a hat and let them pick their positions just before the game starts, we tried it in the last game of our Sunday League season last year and won just about our only game of the season, plus if it doesn't work, Pardew could blame the hat..
  • Options
    The basic dilemma for him is that he has to pick a team. So far I have seen little to suggest that this is within his capabilities.

Sorry - apologies in advance - I am v p*ssed off tonight.