Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ok, Zabeel have gone...How do we reunite the fans and get this team moving forwards?

TELTEL
edited October 2008 in General Charlton
Im gutted, but its done and dusted.

So how do we get that Fortress Valley atmosphere back again....come on, there are enough of us on this board to try and come up with a solution.

F*ck the tactical issues, the player issues and the manager issues.....they are ships in the night and Charlton for them is but a temporary stepping stone

HOW DO WE HELP TO TURN THIS AROUND ATMOSPHERE WISE?

COME ON GUYS...lets pull this club together....

Comments

• Options
    Free Father Christmas hats on every seat?
  • Options
    Free beer from 1.30pm in the ground.

Ha ha masterstroke that would be.
  • Options
    erm sack pards and promote Parky or kins to manager
  • Options
    The team performing well would improve the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Can we call it "Operation Valley"?
  • Options
    Real body blow this one. Gonna take a lot of getting over methinks. Team aint up to getting us out of division. No cash. More cuts in summer.
  • Options
    Play Russ abbott's all time classic party atmosphere
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    synchronised swearing.

At random points during the game the screen conducts the crowd in shouting out a selection of abusive words. No more fiiiiissshhh rubbish.

The teams and the clock display dissappears to be replaced by:

All Together Now

then a countdown...3.....2....1

then flashing on the screen

A*******s

the website can have a poll where we all vote for out favourite expletive and then they pick the top three to be used by the crowd during that match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]
    So how do we get that Fortress Valley atmosphere back again....come on, there are enough of us on this board to try and come up with a solution.

Been thinking the same.

I think its impossible to think of anything that can done by way of forcing upon people. It has to come from within yourself, you have to have the mentality to roll your sleeves up, accept we are once again in the sh1t, and get on with it rather than moaning, griping and booing against the current numerous negatives.

The only thing i can think of is something like ten seconds into KO on Saturday, we try and orchestrate a massive 'Stand up if you love Charlton' or something like that. Get those drummers to bang those drums louder than ever before, perhaps take them for a walk into other blocks. Hopefully the positivity would then continue through the rest of the game.

We need to get some form of fan solidarity back.

What do you think ?
  • Options
    Anyone fancy doing the flag on Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats exactly what we need but not sure we few can carry the others with us to be honest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Anyone fancy doing the flag on Saturday?

What time do you have to be there? Mr W and I might be able to.
  • Options
    HELL YES to both AFKA and Rothko.

Two provisos, can I burn an effigy of Mohammed Ali Al BULLSHITMI in the car park before the match and that the flag of 'Che Killer' has a two finger salute to zabeel pasted on it!!!!
  • Options
    And agree, too, AFKA.

One extra suggestion - can we do the same with the drummers and a chant at the very start of the second half? It's always really quiet for the first 10-15 mins, no matter what the score - people coming back to their seats late and everything. Always seems to give the momentum to the oppo.
  • Options
    Leave the pub early (a bit earlier) to build up the atmosphere - it might also help passing the flag around too!
  • Options
    can we have the trumpet that plays the muppet show back
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]

Been thinking the same.

I think its impossible to think of anything that can done by way of forcing upon people. It has to come from within yourself, you have to have the mentality to roll your sleeves up, accept we are once again in the sh1t, and get on with it rather than moaning, griping and booing against the current numerous negatives.

The only thing i can think of is something like ten seconds into KO on Saturday, we try and orchestrate a massive 'Stand up if you love Charlton' or something like that. Get those drummers to bang those drums louder than ever before, perhaps take them for a walk into other blocks. Hopefully the positivity would then continue through the rest of the game.

We need to get some form of fan solidarity back.

What do you think ?

The drummers could be the answer. Perhaps being in the North Upper is not the best place for them to be. Maybe if they were in one of the corner sections it would encourage the people in the adjacent side to get involved as well.
  • Options
    Danny...Im up for it mate...in the west Saturday....can we approach the club about moving the drummers from stand to stand?

How about a leaflet hand out...try and get people to start supporting the shirt and put aside the player/manager issues

WE ARE CHARLTON......come on lets get this rolling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]HELL YES to both AFKA and Rothko.

Two provisos, can I burn an effigy of Mohammed Ali Al BULLSHITMI in the car park before the match and that the flag of 'Che Killer' has a two finger salute to zabeel pasted on it!!!!

2.30 outside the main reception if you want T, and others who might be interested.

list your names here
  • Options
    "Real body blow this one. Gonna take a lot of getting over methinks. Team aint up to getting us out of division. No cash. More cuts in summer."

The way things are going, the team is up for getting us out of this division, although not into the premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We desperately need a new song. Frankly I'm sick of the dirge that is 'Valley Floyd Road' even when everyone sings along.
  • Options
    We need to build the atmosphere like we used to, in the 15mins before kick off.
    Get the buzz in the ground going - with chants/singing/drumming.

Someone tell the club that we don't need deafening music in that period - it just quietens the crowd.

Put the lyrics of Valley Floyd Road on the big screen - and nothing else before the match, except the team line up.
    We don't need action replays of Bristol City goals, lol

The club matchday team need to work with the supporters on this one.
  • Options
    How about we try and orchestrate a "Come on Charlton, come on Charlton" in all the three stands?
  • Options
    And here's a novel idea. How about , no matter how poor the team or a players performance the fans DONT boo them, rather raise the level of support.
  • Options
    excellent idea AFKA, and maybe repeat in first half injury time to try to quell the boos.

We know that he has failed thus far to live up to our expectations and maybe his days are numbered, but I also think that showing some support again for the manager - and by inference his team - could also galvanize the players.
  • Options
    Agreed Oggy, the 'impact' music that Pards loves even though he is tucked up in a dressing room, doesn't have any impact anymore.

BDL, take charge on Saturday. Sack the motivational opera rubbish, get Into the Valley and all the old songs back on there, then a few mins before the teams come out, lose the music completely and let us try and rally the crowd a bit.
  • Options
    Rothko, please count myself and Mr Weegie in. I promise not to wind you up about Pards! ;-)
  • Options
    Get the opera bloke back that always went down well.....
  • Options
    Put all the player/Manager issues aside and sing for that Shirt......Im really bloody fired up.....lets make things happen
  • Options
    Hire Al Murray to come down on the pitch before KO, flash up the Zabeel logo and he can roar "TIME WASTERS"