Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lets get behind Pardew

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
So OK i know all the talk is about Zabeel today, but one thing that it has made for sure is that Pardew will NOT get the sack.

For me personally i'm not sure of my take on Pardew. I think he has good potential as manager, we have Phil Parkinson as no.2 and alot of people were calling for him to be the manager before Dowie. I don't think we have bad coaching staff. Pardew got West Ham to 7th in the premiership, lets not also forget that he did get West Ham up, abliet at second attempt via playoffs. He will turn things around.

I think alot of us forget that we're not the best team in the league anymore. We should probably finish around 6th/7th with the squad we've got now. We've been on a bad run but then again all clubs go through bad phases. Sir Alex was one goal away from being sacked at Manchester United and look what he achieved. By no means will Pards ever achieve the same as Sir Alex but I feel if we did loose him who would we get thats got more experience and better for the club?
Everyone keeps saying Kinsella or Di Canio. FFS only one of them has experienced reserve team management, so they wouldn't take the club forward imo.
OK pards has had a bad start, and the performances have been dire. The first half against cardiff we were much better, Varney missed a sitter.. on another day it would have been 1-0 to the Addicks and who knows what result we'd got. Against Bristol we were quality in the first half, if grays shot had trickled in off the post we might have gone on to win 4-0. I know they are all IFS but thats better than having no IFS!
He believes in the squad and I generally feel he wants the club to do well under him.

I'm not saying I salute Pardews descisions this season, but he is our manager. He will be unless he walks.. and if he does I can see the club being in more trouble than it is now.

Lets get behind the team and hear Super Alan Pardew ring out around the valley again.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I think he has good potential as manager.

However I heard someone say that a manager is there to keep things ticking over until the inevitable outcome, which is all he seems to be doing. He is keeping things ticking over until the club gets relegated. It will take someone with real leadership skills to take the club somewhere, something which Pardew seems to be lacking.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]I think he has good potential as manager.

He is keeping things ticking over until the club gets relegated.

What a load of bolox. So he takes a job as a manager to keep things 'ticking over', what world do you live in?

He has definitely let us down badly this season, but your comment makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    Tom very good. good wind up

I dont think even pardew has the front to say all that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Tom very good. good wind up

I dont think even pardew has the front to say all that!

Too right Ken

How did he pick through the bones and come up with that one?
  • Options
    if i get behind alan pardew he's likely to end up on the floor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]if i get behind alan pardew he's likely to end up on the floor.

He might get a reach around the way you were acting on Tuesday
  • Options
    Tom, I agree with you., Come on lets get behind the team now. We can still make the play offs we have some quality and some good kids. Lets get behind OUR team and see what happens. Lets go back to being charlton the underdogs, the team I started supporting backin the 80's
  • Options
    I am firmly behind the the team & the club but sorry not the manager anymore. I Will back the players to the hilt though.
  • Options
    at least Pards has the West Stand behind him
  • Options
    I'm behind him, with a blunt instrument.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pardew has completely lost his way,
    I cant see him turning it around now, and tbh i dont rate him when he first came to the club i thought this is the man we need, but the longer it gos on the more i think I could do a better job, Why did he play varney on the left and Bouazza on the right on tuesday ? Its decisions like this that really make me wonder if hes got it in him...
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    Potential as a manager????

Has he not been managing for a few years now? got both West Ham & Reading promoted, and took West Ham to an FA Cup final, so he has it in him already, I believe he is to comfortable here, and gets away with it due to our oh so forgiving, happy clappy, lets support the club regardless of the dire crap we are playing, lets not upset anybody or the visiting teams attitude.

Comfort zone, full stop.
  • Options
    Surely Pards can hear the boos as everybody else on here can. He was a bit twitchy on the touch line on tue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Tom, I agree with you., Come on lets get behind the team now. We can still make the play offs we have some quality and some good kids. Lets get behind OUR team and see what happens. Lets go back to being charlton the underdogs, the team I started supporting backin the 80's

Agree totally
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am firmly behind the the team & the club but sorry not the manager anymore. I Will back the players to the hilt though.

The Manager is a part of the team in my honest opinion!
  • Options
    Ill be behind Pards all the way, to be honest, he is managing my football club and therefore I will support him.
    Until the board (who are the only people that make a difference in terms of who they employ) decide to let him go or he goes of his own accord.
  • Options
    Well we haven't really got any choice but to get behind him now, have we? Unless we want civil war, which wouldn't be helpful.

The excuses will go on - look at that Newshopper interview. I said half in jest on here a few days ago that when he said he was going to the board to ask for a loanee to cover for ZiZi his reasoning was it would give him another excuse when they said 'no' . The interview rather shows one shouldn't make such jokes as they tend to come true.

However we perform over the rest of the season, we're going to hear an awful lot of 'tiny squad, forced to sell best players, no money for replacements' from his mouth every week.

But we're just going to have to put up with it. To me, getting behind him means no booing and hoping that the team can turn it around. But if he expects the Valley to ring out with chants of 'There's only one Alan Pardew' and 'Al,Al, super Al' , then he's even more witless than he's proved so far.