Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Metallica @ the O2 in March

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
All over it.

Might go out and get on it now just to get warmed up!

Comments

• Steady. 'One swallow does not a summer make' and all that. They've still got some serious making up to do for the sixteen years' worth of gash in between the Black album and DM. They've been toss live the last three times I've seen them as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Steady. 'One swallow does not a summer make' and all that. They've still got some serious making up to do for the sixteen years' worth of gash in between the Black album and DM. They've been toss live the last three times I've seen them as well.

Ah Leroy, but luckilly I haven't bought any of that "gash" so am still existing in a blissful haze somwewhere between Whiplash, For Whom the Bell Tolls and Sad But True.

If they play any of that other shite then there's always the bar!

Get yourself down there lad. You know you want to really!
  • There seem to be no tickets available on ticket master for either 3rd or 28th March...perhaps someone can enlighten me because I'll take 4...
  • stargreen said metallica was sold out this morning, john boy.

that fiver i paid for the 02 show last month certainly seems a winner now.
  • After missing out on AC/DC, I really hope my mate has been able to get the Metallica tickets this time!
  • Exit light..... Enter Night.....Take My Hand.....Were Off To Never Never Land......
  • Landmine has taken my .......................
  • OMG, my ears were still ringing this morning. What a Gig that was last night.
    That has to be up there with one of by best ever...
    Feel rather priviledged this morning, bearing in mind I didnt even know I was going until 3pm yesterday afternoon when an old friend phoned up and said she couldnt go...what a brilliant way to kick off the week.

On a down note, got tickets to see Snow Patrol at The 02 in the next couple of weeks. Get the feeling I'm going to be disappointed after seeing a show put on like that last night... no one can compare to Metallica.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]OMG, my ears were still ringing this morning. What a Gig that was last night.
    That has to be up there with one of by best ever...
    Feel rather priviledged this morning, bearing in mind I didnt even know I was going until 3pm yesterday afternoon when an old friend phoned up and said she couldnt go...what a brilliant way to kick off the week.

On a down note, got tickets to see Snow Patrol at The 02 in the next couple of weeks. Get the feeling I'm going to be disappointed after seeing a show put on like that last night... no one can compare to Metallica.

How was Enter Sandman live? I love that song - did they perform The Memory Remains?
  • Metallica = pants since Justice. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Get out of here Leroy!
  • edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Get out of here Leroy!
    You know it to be true. The Black album was largely turd - and everything between it and DM was utter bilge. DM is alright - but only because the last 15 years are used as a comparison - nothing will ever come even close to the sheer awesomeness of Lightning, Puppets and Justice... and don't try and pretend otherwise :o)
  • I can play "nothing else matters" on the guitar. :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Metallica = pants since Justice. FACT

You make a lot of sense when you talk about heavey metal normally, this however is crazy, crazy beyond belief.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Get out of here Leroy!
    You know it to be true. The Black album was largely turd - and everything between it and DM was utter bilge. DM is alright - but only because the last 15 years are used as a comparison - nothing will ever come even close to the sheer awesomeness of Lightning, Puppets and Justice... and don't try and pretend otherwise :o)

I think you've just contradicted yourself there Leroy old son, so I will leave it there to save you from further embarrassment. ;o0
  • How have I contradicted myself? Just cos DM is a half-decent album (it is) doesn't mean that Metallica are a great band any more (they're not). Anyone who has seen them since about '92 who saw them prior to that in their 'golden era' will attest to that - they're like a f***ing tribute act to themselves now. I tell you what - I listened to DM a couple of days ago - then listened to Puppets straight afterwards. They're not even in the same league.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I can play "nothing else matters" on the guitar. :-)
    Learn to play 'Battery' or 'Blackened' and I'll be impressed Sooze :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Metallica = pants since Justice. FACT

[cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]DM is a half-decent album (it is)

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I can play "nothing else matters" on the guitar. :-)

The Metallica version of Guitar Hero is out in May apparently...according to the promo event at the gig...
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Metallica = pants since Justice. FACT

The Black Album has sold over 22 million copies since its release in 1991... so I would suggest at least 22 million people that disagree with you...

Oh how was Enter Sandman live? well having seen them live on several occasions, thought their version on Monday night was the best I'd heard. Trying to rack my brains now, they played a good four or five songs off Death Magnetic, not surprising given its the latest album, played Holier Than Thou and Sad But True, the customary end of Nothing Else Matters straight into Sandman, with One, Master of Puppets, Damage Incorporated chucked in somewhere in the middle. The encore ended with Phantom Lord, off Kill Em All. And thats about all I can remember I'm afraid.
  • Just about to go out on the lash to get warmed up for tonight. See you in The Pilot Leroy?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Metallica = pants since Justice. FACT

The Black Album has sold over 22 million copies since its release in 1991... so I would suggest at least 22 million people that disagree with you...
    And? Thriller has sold about 200 billion copies but its still bollocks. Just because millions of people buy an album doesn't mean its any good.
  • But Leroy, Thriller is a seminal masterpiece and Michael Jackson is a living God.

Yes, I am taking the piss!
  • LAWL

Silly bint in our office was going on about getting michael jackson tickets - and saying she was going to pay about 200 quid for them. I told her she could pay me twebty quid and I'd get her a personal audience with the kiddie fiddler who lives down the end of my road