Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Computer luddite needs help

Comments

• Sounds like your dextrafan has overheated MOG, and has impacted on the icon resolution of pegaframe. Try blowing on your pegaframe a few times, might have been a dust build up.
  • Not sure if your joking or not AFKA, but....where do I find "dextrafan" & "pegaframe" please ?
  • it is where your icons are click on blank space
  • Sorry couldn't help further mog had to leave the computer. Afka was pulling your leg!
  • Thank You ES, J73 & EA.
    Think its okay now thanks to you's guys.
  • Sorry Mog, I know nowt about these things !
  • Sorry Mog, I know nowt about these things !

Out of interest which one of the admins is the computing genius? (Who's taking the technical credit for CL?)

• Sounds like your dextrafan has overheated MOG, and has impacted on the icon resolution of pegaframe. Try blowing on your pegaframe a few times, might have been a dust build up.

Sorry Mog, I know nowt about these things !

Asked a guy in the computer shop (96 Sydenham Road) about my "dextrafan": After laughing he said I need to go for a "long weight" first. Still waiting for that.......

• Sponsored links:

• My internet explorer corrupted, cannot find a fix and it does not appear in programs to uninstall tried downloading a new iexplorer and it just links to the one installed? using firefox at the moment
  • get a straw and suck the dust out of the little vents, should do the trick
  • ads said:

get a straw and suck the dust out of the little vents, should do the trick

pratt
  • you could try something like this http://utilities.tuneup-software.co.uk/sem/brand/?x-rest=&gclid=CK-Ru9qR_rICFcrItAodVhwAUA , it does a scan and fixes any problems, or you could try to do a system restore, see if that remedies it
  • Tried all that before posting this, thanks anyway have to avoid i e until I can fix it
  • If OK to recover back to a point before your IE got corrupted and the restore point is still available, I would do this.
    Google to find out how, if not familiar with how to do this.

• If OK to recover back to a point before your IE got corrupted and the restore point is still available, I would do this.
    Google to find out how, if not familiar with how to do this.

Just tried that thanks, still corrupted and I went back 2 days to when I had no problems? my normal solution would be to uninstall and start again but I E does not lend itself to this as it calls itself an application not a program

• How is it corrupt?
  • Int Exp lets me into page it then freezes and says page not responding then offers to restore page, I accept, it then happens over again just like Groundhog Day ?
  • I am getting that problem on Charlton Life. But not on other websites. Charlton Life works on chrome ans safari for me. Only started happening over last few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• thats correct but also on chess.com
  • I uninstalled IE9 and re downloaded and it seems to have worked.

Leftclick the 'Start' button and type 'Programs and Features' in the search box. Then click 'View installed updates'.

Find the Internet Explorer program (might be easier to type 'explorer' in search box)

Select the line and Right Click and it should give you the option to 'uninstall'.

Then re-install IE9.

The above steps seem to have worked for me but I am no expert so beware!

• Chrome, Firefox and even Safari are all far better than IE.
  • Agreed Johnny, Explorer is a pile of balls. Slow and prone to crashes.

I just don't understand why you crazy kids insist on using PCs.
  • I uninstalled IE9 and re downloaded and it seems to have worked.

Leftclick the 'Start' button and type 'Programs and Features' in the search box. Then click 'View installed updates'.

Find the Internet Explorer program (might be easier to type 'explorer' in search box)

Select the line and Right Click and it should give you the option to 'uninstall'.

Then re-install IE9.

The above steps seem to have worked for me but I am no expert so beware!

thanks tried but did not work
    johnny73 said:

Chrome, Firefox and even Safari are all far better than IE.

I realise that but IE was set up as I liked it and it was ok until now at the moment using Firefox as alternative

• Chances are, you got malwared up. Download malwarebytes and run it. Fix whatever it tells you to. See if that helps. If not, use another browser (chrome, firefox etc) to download IE9 separately. Run Windows Updates and update Adobe Reader, Flash Player and Java - Whatever you picked up will be patched up in the latest versions.
  • It did not work straight away for me. The second or third time I launched CL after redownloading ie9 it worked.
  • Chances are, you got malwared up. Download malwarebytes and run it. Fix whatever it tells you to. See if that helps. If not, use another browser (chrome, firefox etc) to download IE9 separately. Run Windows Updates and update Adobe Reader, Flash Player and Java - Whatever you picked up will be patched up in the latest versions.

I have run malwarebites and 10bit but not tried the rest as yet will give it a go later thanks
  • I am getting that problem on Charlton Life. But not on other websites. Charlton Life works on chrome ans safari for me. Only started happening over last few days.

I have IE8 and I've not been able to log into CL for months.