Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I was moved......

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
for sticking up for the club and young ears (about seven six to seven year olds) today.

D!ckhead shouting:

"get the f*ck out pardew"

"Go f*cking home ambrose"

"Come on burnley, may as well support them than continue with sh!t"

So i said "shut up mate either support the club or go home yourself!"

obviously annoyed him as he started swearing at me and when i said "what's the point in swearing in front of kids?"

Steward walks up to me and says "either you move over there or your out!"

So i moved but why pick on me? why not chuck out the knob who was having a go?

Comments

• Options
    sorry to hear this Dazzler and well done for speaking up.

What a shame others around you didn't back you up.
  • Options
    imho thats why i am not doing a season ticket next season.
    To many idiots that intrude my space and i love Charlton and hate the fact of sitting near Mugs that have not got a clue.
    Had a beer with Killer this eve in the oak,he feels the same
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately in my experience the word Steward and the word intelligent are mutually exclusive.

You are going to hear some of that but some people go completely over the top.

I'd write to the club. Decent supporters shouldn't be singled out whilst the plankton get away with it.

When Bailey got caught in posession in the first half and booing started around me I called to the bloke behind to stop booing him and to be fair he got the message.
  • Options
    I'd report the incident to the club. Sounds like the steward was bang out of order, as was the dickhead. What sort of message does that send out?

(But well done son.)
  • Options
    Who would i write to though (i didnt think to take his steward number either thinking about it)

Maybe Derek will see this?
  • Options
    Address it to the Stadium Manager mate
  • Options
    Dazzler - u weren't in the E block, lower North were you? Something kicked-off in there about 70 minutes.
  • Options
    Stadium Manager Mick Everitt. My mate who sits in East Stand wrote and complained about a simliar experience of a bloke swearing at the players individually and then at his own fans when confronted, all in front of loads of kids. It did the trick.
  • Options
    The stadium safety officer is John Little john.little@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nah North lower but B block,

I wouldn't want any real trouble just annoyed me that's all!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]john.little@cafc.co.uk

Maybe he can hire robin hood to help out ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

very good! Were you wearing your Will Scarlett Charlton shirt?
  • Options
    ha ha
  • Options
    email sent!

hopefully get a reply next week!
  • Options
    The idiots still booed at the final whistle in the lower north!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]

very good! Were you wearing your Will Scarlett Charlton shirt?

He has a song played about him before the start of each game.....;o)
  • Options
    should've done it with a lit cigarette in your hand. the stewards would've bottled it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]should've done it with a lit cigarette in your hand. the stewards would've bottled it.

Lol!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The stadium safety officer is John Little john.little@cafc.co.uk

Had some problems a few years back and had to deal with John and he was very helpful.
  • Options
    I could see two people squaring up to each at the front of the East stand as well during the 2nd half. We sure do have a few knobs supporting us! on the way out I over heard two fella's really slating Bailey saying what a waste of money and he wasn't fit to wear our shirt!! I really wanted to say and you are not fit to support our shirt but I was sober and on my own! lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a go at the two perpetual moaners who sit near me on Tuesday as did some others. Both kept quiet even when we were losing yesterday.

Dazzler, you will get a respone from John. Well done for shouting down the boo boys.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]The idiots still booed at the final whistle in the lower north![/quote]

Yep a few in J block as well glad to say not many
  • Options
    I too pointed out to someone on Tuesdeay that their booing wasn't very likely to improve things (albeit someone shorter and considerably older than me!). During this difficult spell there seems to be a sort of tussle going on between the negative twats who'll just drag us deeper then revel in it, and those who are equally concerned at our lack of cohesion / consistency / goals / success / insert your own failings, but who are determined to back the squad through it until the still plentiful talent is collectively confident enough to perform. Whether that's with the current manager is open to debate but thankfully, for now at least, despite the audible boos from a MINORITY, I reckon the overall backing after some woeful spells has been really admirable. COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Stadium Manager Mick Everitt. My mate who sits in East Stand wrote and complained about a simliar experience of a bloke swearing at the players individually and then at his own fans when confronted, all in front of loads of kids. It did the trick.

Spelling my dads name wrong will not win you any fans Chicago :-)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Quite Right. We all know it's Rick, not Mick.

: - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Dazzler - u weren't in the E block, lower North were you? Something kicked-off in there about 70 minutes.
    That was right on front of us. There's a family of around 6-7 that sit there, mixture of adults and teenagers and on Saturday they had a small child with them. A bloke in his late fifties/ early sixties was sitting among them. Not sure what happened, can only assume the bloke either might've done or said something to upset the little boy as he was sat on of the bloke's laps crying.

Whatever happened didn't excuse their behaviour though - at one point the old guy was being held in a headlock, one of the others was laying into him and most of the others were getting involved too. A steward came up quite quickly then the guy got up and walked out, followed by a couple of the 'little firm'.

Pond life.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Quite Right. We all know it's Rick, not Mick.

: - )

LOL That has made my morning !
  • Options
    John's reply that I am happy to accept as i didn't try to explain myself, I just moved.

so ya know I basically decided not to complain about the steward as John is right!

Darrel,

I was unaware of your situation, as it was not reported to me in the control room. If you can give me the details of where you were sitting, then I can speak to the steward supervisor for that area.

It sounds like the steward has managed to keep the peace, without any one being asked to leave. I appreciate that you may feel hard done by, but the steward would react to what he see’s in front of him, two Charlton fans arguing.

Thank you for the support at this difficult time. Lets hope for a good win on Saturday.

Regards,

John Little

Safety Officer

Charlton Athletic Football Club
  • Options
    Bump to let you all know!
  • Options
    Good that you got a quick response.

A little odd that he talks about 'this difficult time' - seems everyone believes we are in the mire!