Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crainie

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
I'm trying hard to be positive about him but finding it hard.

What does he offer?

Get fit soon Jon Fortune.

Comments

• Options
    agree luckily pards confirmed Yassin is defo on the team sheet!
  • Options
    Hate him as a full back but he's a good central defender imo. Thought we looked far better when Pardew ditched Primus and moved Cranie inside.
  • Options
    Not a right back.
  • Options
    Or a left back
  • Options
    Or as bin man, absolutely nothing better than what we already have and hopefully now Redknapps left Pompey the new bloke will want him back as cover he is not very good.

I will give him a good 45 minutes from Tuesday night but he then proceeded to ruin that by shying away from 50/50s in the second half and generally being a liability
  • Options
    His best two performances have been at centre half.

That is relative.

One of the worst players we have had in a long time.

Send him back
  • Options
    Before we all decide to send him back just remember that we have Hudson and Fortune on the books as centre backs plus primus on short term loan. Cranie prefers playing in the centre and from what I can see looks ok there. Would you have us left so short of players at a very important position ?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]now Redknapps left Pompey

IBlimey, that sent me scurrying to the beeb page.

Cranie ? Seems a very weak link to me, SHG is right that we're short of bodies but I don't think Cranies anywhere near good enough.
  • Options
    Exactly, we're short of bodies so we need him as cover. He is definitely not a full back but i don't think he's too bad at centre back. He was at QPR on loan for a few games last season at centre back before he got injured and they were raving about him. He's also been good enough in the past to play for England under 21s. But think about it, he's only a young player and if he prefers to play centre back then Pards continually playing him at full back, in a struggling side, where he gets booed most weeks isn't exactly going to bring the best out of him is it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Before we all decide to send him back just remember that we have Hudson and Fortune on the books as centre backs plus primus on short term loan. Cranie prefers playing in the centre and from what I can see looks ok there. Would you have us left so short of players at a very important position ?

What SHG says. Thought he has looked much more comfortable at CH and better than Primus. I would still prefer Fortune but maybe with Rednapp going there might be a few bargains coming out of Pompey. Obviously need the cash if they have to "sell" Rednapp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    I find this all rather strange that he is a decent enough centre back but a park player at full back...he's a pro FFS and 'should' be able to at least put in a half decent display wherever he's asked to play along the back four.
    Nah....he's not for me I have to say.....he was absolutely abysmal yesterday in the first half and was damn lucky to reappear after the break.
  • Options
    It was his poor non clearance that Burnley scored from. He is truly shocking at either full back position and should never play there again regardless.

Shame on Pardew for playing him at left back, when he can't play right back.

Where you gonna play him on Tuesday Pards? Centre forward?

If you have to play him centre half is your only option.
  • Options
    Crainey kept on playing some hospital balls to Basey and Bailey. What Pardew was thinking by playing him at left back when he'd been so poor at right back, I don't know. He's not the quickest either. Get well quick Jon Fortune
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: coachdriver[/cite]

You got to be kidding - take your pick from these two words - AMDY FAYE , SCOTT SINCLAIR, LEE COOK, GREG HALFORD,
  • Options
    England U21

if thats the future of English footy then we are doomed

send him back now
  • Options
    he's got the makings of a decent centre-half from what I've seen but offers absolutely nothing at right-back
  • Options
    I'd rather play Rob Elliot at CH
  • Options
    Cranie had a good 2nd half, he's basically playing with a nervous team, he's living away from home playing in front of a crowd of 20k plus of people somehow desperate for him to fail.

How would you play in that situation when you were 20 years old?

He's not to blame for the crap loan players we had last year, and he's also not to blame for being picked, let's get behind him and give the lad a chance, after all he is wearing a Charlton badge on his shirt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: coachdriver[/cite]

You got to be kidding - take your pick from these two words - SCOTT SINCLAIR

Hardly given a chance was he? He's good enough to be a Chelsea squad player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Cranie had a good 2nd half, he's basically playing with a nervous team, he's living away from home playing in front of a crowd of 20k plus of people somehow desperate for him to fail.

How would you play in that situation when you were 20 years old?

He's not to blame for the crap loan players we had last year, and he's also not to blame for being picked, let's get behind him and give the lad a chance, after all he is wearing a Charlton badge on his shirt.

Good post, mate ..... puts a few things in perspective.

Crainie himself has said that he's a centre back - but will play anywhere if it means he gets a game.
    If it had been me in his place, I would have said exactly the same.

To me that sounds as if he just wants to play!

The boy is 20 years old and learning the game. If anyone's at fault, it's Pardew's determination to play him out of position at full back when we have sound enough alternative options.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a Full back for me end of story. Given a run at centre half we may see a different player.
  • Options
    Definitely a better centre half than full back
  • Options
    agreed good enough CB so far, not an FB
  • Options
    Was decent at CB, we have enough options at FB that are a lot more 'natural' there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Was decent at CB, we have enough options at FB that are a lot more 'natural' there.[/quote]

Agree although things have obviously changed at Pompey.

As Pards seems to have a good relationship with Harry any loans from Spurs anyone fancies other than D Bent?
  • Options
    And maybe the "gentleman's agreement" with Arry for Cranie to play every week may no longer exist.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]And maybe the "gentleman's agreement" with Arry for Cranie to play every week may no longer exist.

Or Primus. Or Jordan/Adams may want them back sooner or not at all.
  • Options
    Thought he looked good at CB......obviously his natural position one would assume