Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Working on a sunday

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Have had to come into the office today to finish of some stuff and ain't exactly pleased about it I have to say - especially as there are no trains on my line today and have had to come in the long way around.

Someone cheer me up and give me some positive slants on my current predicament. At the moment all I can think of are;

1. I can leave Charlton Life open on my screen without fear of my boss spying it over my shoulder (because there is no other f**ker sad enough to be in here today!)

2. I might go for a bob in the ladies later.

Any more?

Comments

• I'm wondering, what exactly do you mean by a "bob"?
  • No.............thats it
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I'm wondering, what exactly do you mean by a "bob"?

That's a poo to you - not a sherman.
  • 3. In this time of economic crisis you have a job which needs you

4. You can steal as much stationary as you like with no one around.

5. You are putting some brownie points in the bank for when you want an afternoon off to go and see CHarlton play an away game in some god-forsaken northern dump.
  • Can you get me a hole punch please ;-)
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can you get me a hole punch please ;-)

And I'll have a new printer, some printer paper, lined note pads and any decent pens (not biros thanks)
  • You don't want out printer Henry. It's one of these combined photocopier/printer/fax/scanner jobs - which means it has more stuff that can go wrong with it and it's always f**ked. Plus the fact that it weighs a ton so would be fairly difficult to sneak out past the security guard in my coat pocket.
  • 6. Although you may be going for a bob, another positive point is that you probably haven't got a full bladder like I'll have in a couple of hours, having had a few cheeky Sunday lunctime pints. I'll give you a wave as I go past...
  • [cite]Posted By: Boom[/cite]6. Although you may be going for a bob, another positive point is that you probably haven't got a full bladder like I'll have in a couple of hours, having had a few cheeky Sunday lunctime pints. I'll give you a wave as I go past...

Norvan munkee.

Where are you going? If I get this thing done - and bearing in mind I've been here over an hour and haven't even started it yet - then I might pop in.
  • You could have waited for a bus for an hour earlier on this morning in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on.

I'd have been quite happy to be in a lovely warm office.
  • Sponsored links:

• I had to work 2day

0530 at excel to fill their vendors with fizzy pop

it was all titts fanny and burkas

on oneside you had thousands of teenagers and grown ups dressed in crazy japanese cartoon outfits some very revealing and on the otherside of the hall a peace event being held by the muslim comunity never could you see more contrasting dress codes than today it was very very sureal
  • I have to work every Sunday, being based in the Gulf region everyone does.

I still havent got use to it though, at least its nice having Friday off knowing everyone else back home is working!

Got my Civil ID today, so now I can go buy my 5.4 V8 and do my bit for the oil crisis!
  • edited October 2008
    I feel for you Sunday workers.....

Bit of football in the morning, a few pints in the pub taking the mic out of the fella who missed the ball from a cross literally standing on the touchline, now home for a beef roast dinner, loads of crispy spuds, glass of wine and a 'woodland strudel' with custard to follow while watching the football stretched out on the sofa with the autumn rain hitting the windows.

Have fun in work chaps !!
  • you bad bstd smudge my day started at 0400 getting a poxy lorry ready in the pishing rain and finsihed with me reloading the nstd thing in the rain however the 30 quid an hour for 10 hrs kept me going
  • I decided against the bob in the ladies in the end - stuck to "home turf".

Still bloody here though. Not good.
  • Its past 5 FFS - What union you in ?
  • that'll teach ya for skiving in the week down the boozer Off It :-)

I don't do sundays - saturdays yes quite regularly
  • Anyone know anything about investment management services?

I'm fast learning that I don't have the faintest idea !
  • Zabeel are supposed to be a good investment company I have heard. ;-)
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Zabeel are supposed to be a good investment company I have heard. ;-)

Yeah, thanks for that mate. Now go and put a tea bag and some boiling water in that chocolate teapot you've got over there!
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]5. You are putting some brownie points in the bank for when you want an afternoon off to go and see CHarlton play an away game in some god-forsaken northern dump.

Charlton have never played Worksop Town away.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Zabeel are supposed to be a good investment company I have heard. ;-)

I'd rather trust Reykjavik-based financial institutions than Zabeel.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I feel for you Sunday workers.....

Bit of football in the morning, a few pints in the pub taking the mic out of the fella who missed the ball from a cross literally standing on the touchline, now home for a beef roast dinner, loads of crispy spuds, glass of wine and a 'woodland strudel' with custard to follow while watching the football stretched out on the sofa with the autumn rain hitting the windows.

Have fun in work chaps !!

you fat fecker
  • Fug this for a game of soldiers - I'm going home.
    :o(
  • double bubble?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]double bubble?

Ha - you're having a laugh mate. No bubble at all.
  • just worked 32 days straight and happy to do it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]just worked 32 days straight and happy to do it.

Have you got a five year old, a six week old and a disgruntled missus in doors waiting for you to come home though GH?
  • could be worse fella--- if they didnt want u to come home ?