Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North London Addick

Didn't go Saturday,when I spoke to him,he said he needed a break it was gettin to him too much.On the way home I thought about it ,and realised the events of the last couple of weeks has affected my home life as well.I need to take a step back and put things in perspective a bit more.At the moment I won't stop going,been non-stop now for 24 years without a break,but I have to say this season has left me more dis-illusioned than ever before,anyone else feel like this.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2008
    on a smaller scale yes...
    i haven't been a regular down the valley for 5-6 years(preferring to finish off my pathetic playing career) but go to a few games a season non saturday fixtures,work permitting
    to see how far the club had progressed from the early eighties to where we were a few years ago sitting comfortably in the top flight with some , albeit not the greatest, international players playing for us and a stadium full every week to where we have been taken to now in such a short space of time is heart breaking
    all those years of graft and over achieving wiped out in a couple of seasons and a 'two year plan' that has seen us peddling backwards and under achieving, on the playing field, at an alarming rate
    disillusioned definitely cos the facts of the matter are we're 20th and delighted with a point against burnley and no disrespect to them but that says it all
  • Options
    alittle, yes.
    up to this season I went to (most) away games; I had an "away" season-ticket and missed something like 10 games in 8 years. But, maybe i'm getting old, I don't like all the early starts and jumping on buses and trains at god knows ridiculous hours getting from Newcastle to Sydenham,etc.
    This season , other than Palace, I haven't been away; Will be doing Blackpool because its a Friday/Monday "do".
    If Charlton were still in the Premiership I'd probably do more games, but, we aren't,moneys to tight(too mention),
    and I'm a moany old git. oh, and the football isn't exactly free-flowing is it ?