Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fair match report....

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
from a Burnley fan

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/loadrprt.asp?cid=MTCH&id=413824

Comments

• Options
    Very fair, I'd say.
  • Options
    Agreed. It also highlighted what a poor day the officials had. I'm not normally one for criticising the officials but the ref was too easily swayed, missed stuff that he really shouldn't have and they had a mare between them for the offside/disallowed goal.
  • Options
    It depends on your perspective regarding the disallowed goal. As I understand it, the linesman flagged for the original header which found their player in an offside position. This was followed immediately by Moo2's header. The ref responded to the second header and waved play on. After having given the goal he decided to speak to the lino who must have told him the original offence and his disallowed it. What is wrong with that? The right decision was made, the Referee was entirely within his rights to change his mind after consulting his colleague. That seems to me the way it should be.

The Ref could have overuled/ignored the Lino and let the goal stand, or he could have stopped play soon after the flag and there would have been no disallowed goal. The way it happened, there were two possible outcomes and the officials, in my view, got the decision right to disallow.
  • Options
    Regardless of the decision, the referee and his assistant communicated as a team.

That's always as it should be.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Regardless of the decision, the referee and his assistant communicated as a team.

That's always as itshouldbe.
    True enough
  • Options
    Good report and just about spot on